Obstacle Ten: Ladder to Hell

We hit the fourth and final water station after the plank jump, and were rewarded with some delicious, DELICIOUS energy chews. Oh my god they were good. Like a sweedish berry and a gummy bear had a delectable, edible offspring of yumminess. I also made use of the VERY wet and muddy portapotties and discovered a snail in mine. You hang in there little buddy,  it was safer for you in there than anywhere else.

We start heading back down the mountain, yet again when we all but stumble into the next obstacle. It’s literally boards nailed into a ladder shape going up and back down. That’s it, that’s all. Maybe 15 feet off of the ground from bottom to top. You climb up, climb over and come back down.

I love climbing things. I mean I really love climbing, I learned to climb before I learned to walk. And that gave my parents premature gray hairs if I’m honest. But as a bout of dizziness hit, I played the coward and went around the obstacle, so vastly irritated with myself. (Remember, at this point I didn’t realize I had a concussion, now that I know that’s what was causing this, I feel a bit better). I felt like a weakling this whole little stretch, and my brother who is afraid of heights skipped the obstacle so that I didn’t feel so… self-flagellating.