Chapter Thirteen: All The Concrete Words Around Here

Começar do início

"You win, you win." Patrick says, raising his hands up in mock surrender. I fist pump in my fake victory.

I turn on the camera and switch the setting to video. I flip the camera around with the lens pointed in our direction and press Record. I hold the camera at arms length and pray to God that Patrick and I are in the line of sight.

"Hey there, Internet!" I say.

"Hello, Young Bloods!" Patrick grins.

"You guys are probably thinking, 'who the heck is that chick with Pattycakes?' so we'll explain." I say, making Patrick burst out in laughter. We go on, talking about the most pointless things ever to the fans, explaining the whole Youtube thing and such. By the time we finally get a couple of good shots, it's around ten AM, and the guys are antsy to get out of the bus.

"OH MY GOD, THERE'S A FREAKING MALL FIFTEEN MINUTES AWAY FROM HERE!" Elisa squeals excitedly, jumping up and down clapping. I would have rolled my eyes, but damn did I need some new stuff. Apparently, we have to dress in warm layers when we go to Superfly Ziplines place because it gets a little cold there. My duffel bags consist of mainly jeans, shorts, sweats, and shirts, the occasional sweater in there. Regardless, I needed some more stuff if the tour is longer than I thought it'd be. Nobody tells me these things, I swear.

"Really?" Patrick asks, peering over her shoulder to look at the map sprawled across the screen of her iPhone.

"Yeah, I think it's called FlatIron Crossings." Elisa says, tilting her head back to look at the bae. I roll my eyes when she presses her lips to his.

"Really now? Well then, you guys should do your soundcheck and then we can go for a couple of hours." I say, putting on a smile. Pete's eyes light up, and then he starts blabbering on about how he needs new shoes.

Ten minutes later, the bus is stopping in the parking lot of the venue for the tour buses. We all grab our bags and water bottles and brace ourselves for the Colorado heat. Damn, it was hot outside. Thank God I put on shorts and an All Time Low tank top.

We all group together into one whole mob as we brace ourselves to walk past the line of fans already waiting and say hi. I ended up walking with Hayley, who was trying to talk to me with Elisa constantly interrupting.

"Anyways," Hayley begins saying after doing her best to not hurt Elisa's feelings. "Taylor, Jeremy, and I have been put up to the whole cover thing the guys are doing, and I wanted to do a duet with you."

"Why?" I ask, smiling still.

"Are you freaking kidding me? You killed it when you sang with Brendon. Two amazing singers singing amazing songs? It was like, SLAAAAAYY." Hayley says. We burst out into laughter at that.

"But it depends on the song." I tell her, shrugging my shoulders. She lifts her thumb up and points her index finger like a gun in my direction, clicking her teeth with a joking wink.

"How is Decided To Break It by Marianas Trench? We've got a couple of suggestions for it, but I've been dying to sing it." Hayley says. I bite my lip and slowly allow myself to nod.

"Sure thing, Sergeant Williams." I smile at her. She grins at that and mock salutes me.

"Thank you lots, Sergeant Wentz." She says right back to me. I beam at that.

An hour later, Paramore is still waiting for the crew and techs to finish setting up the equipment for tonights show. It's about eleven thirty PM, and I downed an entire bottle of Mountain Dew that I begged Spencer to buy me and the whole bottle of water. It was sort of boring at first, until things started moving along. Paramore performed every song in their setlist except Decided To Break It because it's supposed to be a surprise. Next, Panic! goes on and skims through the entire setlist, and then Fall Out Boy does the same.