XIX

September 1st , 2018

" Hey , Myers . " Chase had his hands in his pockets and was leaning against the door frame .

" Hey , what are you doing here ? " She smiled and said , softly .

" I wanna talk to you . Just for a minute . "

" Alright . " She said , grabbing her oversized hoodie and pulling it over her head . She stepped outside and closed the door behind her .

They stood together in silence for a few moments . " Soo... " Beatrice said , looking around .

Suddenly , Chase wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her close . He kissed her .

Beatrice kissed back , but only for a moment . High school memories filled her head .

" Woah ! Um... Chase... " Beatrice pulled away . She took a few steps back .

" I-I'm sorry... " He sighed and looked down . He looked back up and stared into Beatrice's eyes .

He broke their eye contact .

Chase began to walk down the steps of the front porch .

Beatrice grabbed his hand , pulling him back . She pulled him into a hug . " It's okay . "

Beatrice felt a tear drop on her shoulder . Chase pulled away . " I guess I should get going . " He sighed .

Beatrice hesitated . " H-Hey , why don't you stay for a while ? " She smiled . Chase's face lit up . He nodded and followed her inside .

David and Scotty were standing a few feet away from the door with their arms crossed . " Chase . "

" Umm... Hey-- "

" Knock it off , guys . I invited him in and he's gonna have fun . With us . " Beatrice squinted at them , sending the message that he was definitely staying .

David scoffed . " Whatever . " He sat back down on the couch and continue to ice his forehead .

" Alright . " Scotty sighed and uncrossed his arms .

" Can he borrow a bathing suit ? "

Scotty nodded and started walking towards his room while Chase followed .

Beatrice walked over to David and sat down next to him . " What's wrong ? "

" Nothing . " He mumbled , not even looking at Beatrice . " David -- "

" Why is he here ? " He turned towards Beatrice .

" I don't know -- "

" Yeah , okay . " He sighed . Beatrice was getting angry . " I didn't invite him here . "

" Then who did ? "

" I just wanted to talk to Beatrice . If you want me to go i'll go . " Chase leaned against the wall .

" That would be nice . " David stood up and crossed her arms .

" I just have one question . " Chase started walking towards David . " What do you have against me ? "

David punched Chase and he fell to the ground .

" DAVID !! " Beatrice looked at him angrily . She tried to help Chase up .

" You hurt two people that I care about . Deeply . " He looked at Chase and then Beatrice .

David walked away .

" I think I should go . " Chase sighed . " Let me get you some ice first . "

Beatrice walked over to the kitchen and grabbed some more ice . She wrapped it in a cloth .

" Why do you keep kissing me ? " Beatrice tilted her head while icing his cheek .

" I've kissed you before this ? " He raised an eyebrow . " Well , you were drunk... but still . Why ? "

Chase took a deep breath .

" I... "
_____________________

heheh cliffhanger heheh... sorry i have been so inactive i've had finals which sucks lol . congratulations to all of you who have finished your finals and everyone who is on winter break !! no more school for like two weeks ! :D