I'm rarely the one to request the second date. Normally the girl I'm dating tries to find something that I would love to do and takes me there. They don't do it all the time, but it happens more often than not.

So, this girl didn't pay for the check, didn't set up a second date with me, and we haven't made out and it's already been 12 hours.

I chuckle and run my hand down my face. Joey may be a little harder to 'date' than I originally thought, but I'm always up for a fun challenge.

---

The next day, I pull into school just in time to see Joey getting off of her own motorcycle. A smirk fills my lips underneath my helmet and I rev my engine, speeding to pull in next to her in the same spot.

She sends me a sexy grin as she takes her own helmet off, letting her hair fall over her shoulders in the process. I watch as she flips her hair to rid the helmet head, bending slightly to show her skintight jeans that curve around her legs perfectly. 

Her outfit today is much different from yesterday, but she still looks undeniably gorgeous. She traded in the leather jacket for a multi-colored striped button down loosely tucked into her high-waist black jeans. 

She certainly likes her fashion statements. 

I take my own helmet off and watch her every move, and when she catches my eye she sends me a wink before flinging her bag over her shoulder and walking into school. I'm sure she notices that every eye in the parking lot is on her, but that's exactly what she wants.

I grin and shake my head as I get off of my motorcycle. This girl is one for the record books. Suddenly Dino and Roger come jogging over to me.

"Calvetti, man, people around here are talking about her," Dino says, slapping his hand on my back. 

I chuckle, "I don't blame them, Dino. I'd be talking about her too, she's one sexy piece of ass." 

Roger crosses his arms and watches her walk into the school, "They're saying she's going to be the girl to finally win the game."

At that comment I can't help but laugh. I set my helmet on my bike and shake my head, "Why? Because she rides a bike and has a little bit of confidence?"

Roger and Dino look between one another and shrug.

"Basically."

"Yeah."

I chuckle and turn to their awaiting faces. "Boys, don't worry. A bike and a bad-ass attitude isn't going to win this game. She's sexier than most, I'll give her that, but she's just like every other girl." I walk closer and pat their shoulders, "I made this game, I can't lose." And with that, I start to walk to class.

Later in the day, as I walk through the hall to switch classes, I notice Joey at her locker and I subconsciously smirk. I switch my path to make her my destination rather than calculus, and once she notices me I see her lips match mine.

She lays back against the lockers as I get close, hugging her books to her body and accentuating her chest. I slide in front of her, standing close enough to smell the mint on her breath from her gum. 

"You ran out on me so fast last night, Joey," I grin as my eyes flicker down to her lips, "I didn't even get to be a Gentleman and get you home safely."

"Now you're playing the gentleman card?" She asks with a slight brow raise, "Interesting move."

I tilt my head, "Why does it have to be a move?"

She chuckles and leans forward, her lips definitely too close to mine for her not to be about to kiss me. With our height difference, she has to lean up to be this close to my lips, and it only makes things hotter.

"This is a game, Rhett Calvetti. Everything we say is a move," she states. Then she glances at my lips, smirks a little wider, and turns back to her locker that efficiently forces me to take a step back as her hair nearly whips me in the face.

I falter only slightly from the lack of a kiss, but I quickly regain my composure and lean my arm on the lockers next to her.

"You know, Joey, we never set up a second date," I start, and she turns her head to me, "Are you free tonight? It's a Friday, so I'd hope you haven't already got plans."

I expect her to say of course, she's free for me whenever. But instead her confident expression wavers a little.

"Actually, I can't tonight."

Um. Wrong answer. 

I furrow my brow, "Why not?"

Then her smirk is back and she taps my nose before walking away, "We had better get to class before we're late, babes."

I frown as I watch her disappear down the hallway. I have to admit that this is the first time a girl has declined my date offer so early on. I've had girls skip weddings in order to come on dates with me. 

This second date is happening. 

So, just before she fully exits my view, I call out to her.

"You like to ride?"

She turns to me and quirks a brow, "I got the bike for a reason, didn't I?"

I give a sly grin. Bingo. 

"I know a great place. I'll be at your house thirty minutes before sunset Sunday. Get ready," I wink.

Normally I would wait to take a girl out on the ride. It usually strikes the mood as romantic and ends up leading to a...fun night. So, I like to wait until at least week two so I don't seem like a pig. But, Joey is slightly different from the others, so why not shake up my routine a little?

No matter what, the end result will be the same as always. 

Vote and comment