welcome home

Because you and Parker were both doing really well, it was no time at all until you were allowed to go home. Parker had passed all of his necessary checks and tests, and you and Tom were so ready to bring your baby home. So finally, after a bit of trial and error, Parker was safely buckled into his car seat, and your little family was on its way home.

You were sat in the backseat next to Parker's car seat, and Tom was driving. Tom was generally a good driver, but with a baby in the car, he wanted to make sure he was extra careful. He didn't want anything to happen to either of you. He pulled out of the hospital's parking lot slower than you'd ever witnessed anyone drive. Your hand was in Parker's car seat, his little fingers grasping your pointer finger. "Tom, baby, I think you can go just a little bit faster," you spoke up from the backseat in a teasing voice.

Tom was quick to defend himself, "I just want to make sure my babies are safe, love."

Laughing a little, you nodded and leaned forward to rest your free hand on Tom's shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I know, Tommy. But we're both safe, I promise. You're a good driver, okay? Don't worry." This seemed to comfort Tom, even if just a little.

Not long later (though it felt like hours with Tom's careful driving), you were finally home. Because the car seat was so heavy, Tom insisted carrying it and your bag inside, even after you tried to convince him that you could handle the lighter bag. He refused, though, handing you the keys to unlock the house.

Pushing the door open, you immediately heard the sound of Tessa's paws skidding across the hardwood flooring to come meet her people. Toeing off your shoes, you placed them where they belonged just inside the door and slowly bent down to pet Tessa. Harrison and Tom's brothers had come by a few times while you the two of you were gone to take care of Tessa, but you knew the dog had probably missed the two of you constantly being around the way she always missed Tom when he was away.

After giving Tessa some love, you quickly led her to the bedroom, closing the door just so she couldn't get out for a little bit. Tessa had been so protective of you while you were pregnant, and she'd always been good around younger kids, so you didn't think she'd freak out at the sight of a baby, but you just wanted to be safe.

A few steps behind you, Tom closed the door as he walked in. He set the duffle bag down first, and then slowly set the carrier down on the floor. You were quick to unbuckle your baby boy, lifting him out as carefully as possible. Cradling him against your chest, you pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, murmuring softly, "Welcome home, baby boy."

Tom had a huge smile on his face, and his arms slid around your waist from behind. His chin rested against his shoulder as he looked over, down to your baby boy. Tom's lips pressed against your cheek lightly and he mumbled against your skin, "So glad to be home with him." You only nodded in reply, a happy sigh escaping your lips as you leaned back into Tom's chest. His thumb was brushing back and forth against your hip where his hand was resting. It was silent for a moment as the two of you took in this new feeling. The feeling of finally having your family complete, your home full. With another kiss on your cheek, Tom pulled away from you, "Should I go get Tess?"

You nodded, moving to sit down on the couch, "I'll just sit here and hold him, and you can bring her out?"

Tom nodded and went to go open the bedroom door so Tessa could come out. He quickly grabbed her collar, just in case she tried to do something, but let her get closer to you and Parker. It seemed like Tessa was on guard at first until she sniffed him a few times and decided that it was nothing to get worked up over. She relaxed and when Tom let go of her collar, she jumped up on the couch to sit next to you.

Sitting next to you as well, Tom leaned over to press a kiss to his son's forehead. Once he sat back up, you scooted closer to your boyfriend to rest against him, placing your head on his shoulder. He immediately buried his nose into your hair, pressing a kiss to your head. "Love you, ya know that?" he murmured softly, his hand coming up to play with your hair.