Ki shifted her spot over one so that Shori could still sit next to Andi if he sat in his normal spot. As she sat down, she opened her box and embraced the aroma of her food with a hungry growl from her stomach.

"What?" Andi said, remaining at the counter while Shori gathered his box and fork.

Ki quickly shoved a bite of her food into her mouth, subject to her stomachs plea for help. She was quickly met with a combination of her favorite flavors; however basic the meal may have been it was always one of her favorites.

"Aloric Lantea may be dating Lyra's sister."

Ki didn't get time to swallow before she was choking on a piece of rice. She covered her mouth up with her arm as she continued coughing.

Acacia started laughing as she mumbled something along the lines of "you good?"

Ki gave her a thumbs up and took a swig from the water bottle she left on the table from earlier in the morning.

"That much of a shock, huh?" Andi laughed along, the two of them a despicable enemy against Ki.

"I just didn't know that is who Gabby was having trouble with." Ki mumbled, getting ahold of her herself.

"Who is Alec whatever his face?" Shori quietly butted in as he approached the table with his food and fiancée.

"Aloric Lantea tried to take Lyra to homecoming, and then fought with some other guy over his girl while they were there." Acacia was her fork over at Shori.

"Oh."

"I mean he's not even like a mean guy or anything, it's just like... he went from Lyra to her sister? That's kinda gross." Acacia shoveled in a bite of her food.

"He's a huge fuckboy." Ki mumbled, trying to clear up the situation to her less socially intelligent brother.

"Oh, one of those." He said shifting around in his seat.

"Why does he want to date Gabrielle? He should know there's no way Lyra would let that happen..." Ki looked down into her carryout.

"Uh, have you seen the girl?!" Acacia covered her mouth as she chewed.

"Yeah..."

"She's fucking hot. She's like mini Lyra, but like with curly hair and a crystal clear complexion. If she were a guy, I'd marry her, no question."

"What's wrong with Lyra?" Ki instantly responded, almost snapping at her best friend with a borderline angry tone.

"Nothing, I'm just saying... for a freshman, that girl has some looks." Acacia curiously glanced over to Ki as if assessing what had made her snap.

Shori and Andi exchanged a glance with each other, as if nervously laughing at an inside joke.

"Are you crushing on Lyra's sister, Acacia?" Shori teased to try to lighten the mood.

"Hell no. I don't crush on anybody. Dating is overrated."

"Ah." Andi sighed, tapping his fork against the side of his box. "I agree."

Shori looked over to the man beside him with an eyebrow raise, as if saying 'really?'

"Oh do you now?" He sounded curious, yet slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, no need to date when I'm about to get married." Andi plastered a cheesy grin on his face as he leaned over towards Shori.

"You saved yourself on that one." Shori smiled as he shook his head.