Ch. 2 - Filler Spectacular I

If you're a bit confused about the title, please read the ending of this chapter.

The day was half-wasted at Station Square High, and Sonic the Hedgehog wasn't feeling high nor even half-wasted. Out of painful boredom, he decided to see what Scourge was doing on his computer. Indeed, boredom would have to literally harm someone to have them turn to that guy. As for Sonic, though? They were kinda friends. Kinda.

Sonic was surprised to see that Scourge was watching a video, an LP of some old arcade shooter. "I thought HedgeTube was blocked at school," Sonic said out of curiosity. "It is," Scourge replied, his eyes still fixed on the screen.

"I downloaded it," he continued, "and stored it on my MP3 player. Then I just plug it in to charge, and I can watch videos directly from it." The blue blur shot a quick glance at Tails, who shrugged. He guessed that Tails wasn't involved in educating Scourge. The green rebel in question seemed to read his thoughts by saying, "In case you're wondering, I learned a lot of stuff from the eighteen times I got out of prison."

"He taught me how to hotwire a car!" Silver whispered from four seats away. Sonic deemed this explored thoroughly as he slumped back into his swivel chair. He spun around to then spy on Knuckles seconds later. "Knux!" he whispered sharply. No response. He had headphones on.

Sonic pried one side of the headphones from Knuckles' mysteriously earless head and listened. It appeared to be a trap remix of the "da wei" meme. Sonic gave a thumbs-up to show his approval before slouching back in his own chair. He sat quietly for about twelve seconds.

"Ugh, why is this taking so loooong?" he groaned, kicking his legs as if running at supersonic speeds. The teacher (really more of a supervisor in this context) slowly turned to the class, picked the blue hedgehog out to focus her gaze, and let out an irritating "sh." Sonic's pathetic silent cries ensued.

As soon as the bell rang, Sonic zipped out of the computer lab so quickly that the sound of the bell couldn't reach him in time. Within a supersonic second, he sat tapping his foot anxiously in the next classroom. Class hadn't even begun yet, and he was already bored. Tails sat beside him. "Dude, you've got some serious hyperactivity issues."

Shadow skated into class next. "No, that's just his character. He's flawed." When he said "flawed," he slammed a stack of books on his desk and caused Sonic to startle. "It's not easy," he whined in retort, "being the fastest thing alive."

"We've all got problems," said Tails neutrally.

Sonic turned to Shadow. "Name one problem you have," he challenged. Before the Ultimate Lifeform could say a word, Mephiles formed from a puddle of black sludge in the seat beside him. Sonic's gaze remained. "Fair point," he muttered.

...

Well, that was a lame chapter. I don't think I had anything going for this from the start. I'll end up uploading this either at the same time as the third chapter or in-between if that takes too long. Filler does have practical applications, as much as I avoid it. In fact, this could be a regular thing. With how seldom I upload, there will be filler chapters to space out the story when I'm not finished with the actual chapter. So that way, I won't have to struggle to make rushed chapters, and the readers can have some short, boring chapters to keep them busy until the next full release. And just in case you don't get to this point because it's so boring, there will be a similar post in the update book. So, uh, bye.