Trial

"Now then, it's about time we got this trial really going!" Taka said cheerily, standing up.

He walked to the podium in front of the throne as Monokuma waddled hastily over to his previous spot and took down the picture, replacing it with Junko Enoshima's picture.

"Wait... Why is there two...?" Asahina asked, staring warily between the seemingly same picture of the same girl.

"Oh, surely you aren't that stupid..." Taka chuckled, glaring at the girl that stood next to him. "Let's just say one of these things is not like the other!"

"He means that one of them isn't actually Enoshima," Kirigiri explained, staring at the noticeable differences in both photos. One had freckles and a smaller bust, and the ties didn't match. Even the hair pins were different, one with a bunny and a bow, while the other had one white and one black Monokuma pins holding her pig tails in place. "One of them is the real Junko, while the other is not. I'm assuming the most recent photo is the real one based on how she looks in magazines."

"You're right on the money, Kirigiri!" the mastermind laughed again, staring her straight in the eyes.

"So, my hunch about the sixteenth student is correct? Does Mukuro Ikusaba really exist?" Kirigiri asked, receiving confused stares from everyone except Naegi. She must have told him about it... I reasoned, turning my gaze back to Taka.

Taka only grinned.

"So, this Mukuro Ikusaba was also a student here, posing as Enoshima? Why?" Naegi asked, his tone surprisingly level for someone that looked so nervous.

The Ultimate Despair sighed and thought of what he was going to say for a painfully long moment. "Well, originally Junko was the Mastermind. I merely 'took over' for her." He chuckled after he said took over.

I gritted my teeth. It was obvious that he had murdered her to take her position as Ultimate Despair, and that in itself made me want to cry. He had killed at least two people directly, and that went against his moral compensation. It didn't seem like someone who was practically infatuated with justice to kill someone. It felt like an oxymoron.

"So, what did you hope to gain other than the title 'Ultimate Despair'?" Togami asked, suddenly interested in the debate.

"Well, originally it was working out as I planned it, until I realized that Junko had someone in her place in this death game. That was Mukuro Ikusaba, the Ultimate Soldier and Junko's 'sister'. In all honesty, I didn't get how they're related until I read into it," the former moral compass explained, scratching behind his head. "All I really want is world domination, not necessarily despair."

"W-world domination?" Yasuhiro gasped.

I couldn't bear this. I could feel myself breaking. He didn't want world domination. I knew exactly what he wanted. It wasn't the world he wanted to dominate. Well, not in a literal sense. I only know this because of something he had said to me before he was 'executed'.

He said, "You are my world, Brother."