letter three

my love- 

it's been so long but I still, crave your presence. I miss your touch and the way you used to hold me. I'll see pictures of you on my phone or from other friends and you look happy. I miss being the reason why you'd smile or hear your laugh from something I said. 

people keep telling me that it clearly wasn't meant to be, and they may be right. but I wish that weren't the case, because I feel like I won't love another after having been with you. after having loved you. I compare every guy to you. his eyes aren't dark enough, his voice not as deep. this one doesn't get my humor like you did, or that one doesn't know when to be serious. 

my favorite thing about you was that you always knew the rights moments of when to laugh or when to be serious. you knew how to have fun, but when you needed to be serious you were. you knew how to make me laugh and you knew how to love me. you made everything seem so much easier, and the way you believed in me when I couldn't believe in myself. 

you were something so good to me. and it was ripped away from without warning. it was for the better, I know. but something inside of me keeps holding one and I don't know why. I deleted our pictures and our old messages, but for some reason, I feel like that wasn't enough to help me move on. I want to move on so bad. I want to stop loving you because of the fact that I still dream of you and how we used to be kills me inside. 

I want to stop loving you, but I don't know how