§|10|§

By Me

Rehan noticed this always enthusiastic Khushi these days, she is no more sitting silently in a corner. From the time he has told her that Arnav is indeed having the problem of cornea. She has taken the responsibility of all the arrangements on herself, telling him just to be careful and not let anyone know about Arnav's birthday.

Her happy and enthusiastic behavior about Arnav's treatment is surprising him. He can see she is having some soft corner for Arnav but not letting any negative thoughts take place, he had thought that because of having a good heart she is sad about Arnav, therefore all this extra care for him.

Rehan: Khushi, relax! You should rest also, otherwise you'll fall sick yourself.

Khushi(smiling): Everything is already done Rehan. Just some last arrangements, I have talked with doctors and explained Arnav's case. They have given positive response.

Rehan: That's great!

Khushi: yea! I am so happy. Tomorrow Arnav will get best surprise on his birthday. I can't wait for his reaction.

Rehan: True! But I am happy to see you so happy. You look beautiful Khushi.

Khushi smiled uncomfortably before averting her eyes and left making some excuse whereas Rehan smiled thinking she is shy.

--------------------------

Arnav was sitting in balcony as always sipping his coffee. Last encounter with Khushi has left him thinking, the pain in her voice was unmistakable. He wanted to hug her and tell her to tell him whatever she wants to when she has innocently asked for a chance to explain herself but the pain of past stopped him, too scared to hear something which could break him some more.

Arnav: Why Khushi? Why you did that? Just because of you, today I felt so helpless, you were crying and I couldn't do anything even after being so close to you. You know I can't bear your tears, but No! I wouldn't let my Love for you overpower me again, you deserve only my hate for your betrayal Khushi. But how? It's so difficult when you're so near to me now. He sighed and told himself to not let this Love in him to overpower him.

--------------------------------

Arnav keeps his coffee mug on kitchen slab before fetching a water bottle from the refrigerator for the night when he heard door bell. Surprised, he walked to open the door wondering who must be here at this time, Shreya is already sleeping in room.

Rehan: Arnav?

Arnav(surprised): Rehan? You're here at this time?

Rehan(fumbling): yea I had some urgent work but how you're here to open the door? Where's Shreya?

Arnav: She is sleeping of couse and I was down for water when I heard the bell.

Rehan: uh... Ok..

Arnav: what is it Rehan? He asked again after  a pause.

Arnav: Khushi is also here with you? Rehan who was looking at Khushi nervously asking what to do next looked at him shocked.

Rehan: Yea! But how do you know?

Arnav: Just a guess! Now tell me what's the matter? He said changing the topic.

Khushi: Arnav, at least first let us come inside or are you planning to know everything here only.

Arnav(embarrassed): umm.. Sorry come inside.

-------------------

Rehan: let me turn on the lights, it's too dark.