✠⎮ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ [6]⎮ ✠

Start from the beginning

I leave Mom's hand and walk towards the shop displaying the guitar. I feel nervous, realizing that the thing is definitely expensive. The idea of asking the price now seems irrational and asking for something that Mom can't afford to buy is just going to make her feel bad. I remind myself that we need to save for Cupcake's medical expenses.

I turn around and run back to my mother. She is staring at me with a weird look on her face. Then she smiles sadly at me and holds my hand again as we walk towards the medical store.

"Mom! I love you so much! I-I you... you got the same guitar. You knew?"

"Obviously I knew, Coco. That day, I had decided to get it for you as soon as I have enough money. Things kept happening, life became extremely difficult and I didn't have sufficient savings. It wasn't like I had forgotten, it was just that there were more serious matters to take care of at that time."

"Mom, I love it! It's amazing! Ahhh!"

"Also, it is the same design but a better quality," Mom adds.

"I can't wait to play it! Thank you so much Mom! You're the best!"

♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎

"Coco!" I hear Mom calling my name. I look at Bella and she is harbouring the same look of annoyance on her face as me.

We just started watching FRIENDS and she knows I will never let her watch without me. So I smile sickeningly at her and pause the episode.

"Coco, Tyler is here!" Mom calls out.

"What the hell is that asshole doing here?!" Bella shouts in my ear.

"Bella, do you realize that you're shouting In my ear? And he's my friend Bella. Also, hear him out please, it wasn't his fault. If anything, he was trying to praise you."

"By telling me that I have ugly facial features and I hide them under makeup?"

"I said he was trying Bella, I didn't mean he tried well," shrugging, I call out. "Come on let's go downstairs!" I drag Bella along with me. Downstairs, I see Tyler pacing around.

"Hey Teddy!"

"Coco! I need help! Tha-Bella?" It looks like all colour has drained from his face on making eye contact with Bella.

Bella In reply, turns around, folding her arms as she rolls her eyes.

"B-Bella, I can explain! Please, let me explain..." Teddy frantically lets out staring pleadingly at Bella's back.

I realize that I shouldn't be standing here and let them have their privacy.

"I'll show you my guitar, Teddy!" I excuse myself, ignoring the pleading glances Tyler is passing me. He looks like he's about to shit his pants. Controlling my laughter, I smirk and run up to my room.

I had always wanted to play guitar in a garden, at night, when it is dark and calm. I wanted to let out my emotions, where no one would listen. Where no one would see me pouring my heart out.

From the back door I walk out, my guitar in my hand as I make my way to the quietest park of the area. It is far, but without doubt it is a place where hardly anyone goes at this hour.