Prologue

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness- Chinese Proverb 

They never knew what was coming. It hit them like a wave of blackness, a shadow ripping away their souls with savage ferocity. Ashes rained from the sky as the humans were whipped from the surface of the planet in one large massacre. 

The Pokemon were left mostly untouched, save for the creators who tried to spare the humans of which they protected. The sun began to turn scarlet like Solgaleo's blood as he fell into a pool of his own life force. Time had no meaning as Dialga was whisked into nothingness by the shadows. Life and death went out of control and Xerneas and Yveltal fell to the ground, their bones snapping with a savage relentlessness. The very earth and seas roared as their creators were killed by this terrible this. The world seemed to heave on its axis as confusion broke, but it only lasted a moment before the very planet seemed to see that it didn't need these powerful beings to exist, and slowed to its normal state. 

And then everything was still. The buildings of the now deceased race lay in ruin all over the earth. The ground was soaked with blood and tears, filled with a bitter sorrow that seemed to take the air from its pure state and turn it into pure hate. 

A singular whisp of smoke stood out amongst the ruins, twirling around in victory like a stream of wild air. It gained velocity and manifested into the form of a man. His eyes were cold and lifeless, his skin was pale and ghostly, and he was transparent like the souls who had all left the world in the very same hour. 

He smiled a cold grin of triumph, looking around at the destruction and chaos. They would bow down to him, and no one could stop him. The universe would tremble under his might. This was just one small step towards that goal, that dream of a power of which had been denied to him for far too long. 

(A/N: Hello, this is a story that I'm gonna be writing amongst the like, thirty-two other stories I'm writing, so don't expect frequent updates. This is the story I'm most invested in currently as I've been brainstorming for this for around a year now. I'll probably post a chapter here once a week, because like... yeah. I promise all chapters from here on out will be longer, this is just sort of an exposition which makes no sense... like all other prologues. Also, thanks to @SteelSkarmoryKate for making the beautiful cover! Welp, that's it. Bye!)