Happy New Year

Nora paced the expanse of the hospital waiting room nervously, her footsteps were borderline frantic and pleading.

She was gaining weird and concerned looks from several people, but Nora waved them off. Dressed as a fairy, in a hospital waiting room, alone, upset and at one in the morning? Yeah.. nothing to see here.

She gazed down to her attire, her poofy teal blue dress that stopped at her knees and was splattered with blood.

She sighed loudly, that really wasn't going to help with the whole looking-like-a-psychopath thing she had going on.

Her eyes just kept flashing down the hallway to the door they'd wheeled her father through only twenty minutes before. Yes, she had been pacing for twenty minutes.

After ten minutes, her fairylike pumps were hurting her feet and so she kicked the white shoes aside with her aching toes and continued her treacherously boring and insane walk going, even though it killed her to keep moving.

Nora had already been looked over by a nurse. Aside from a few cuts and bruises, the old blood nose and all, she'd come out of the car crash fresh as a daisy compared to her father.

Stupid New Years Eve party.

Stupid drunk drivers.

Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Nora's hands ran forcefully through her hair, making her dark blonde curls wrap around her fingers as she dragged them through her locks absentmindedly.

Was she being idiotic? Was she over reacting? No, of course she wasn't. No, she just kept picturing her fathers body, crushed by the air bag in the drivers seat. Completely normal.

Nora shook her head.

Jesus, she thought, I'm loosing my mind.

The rusty sound of a deep voice brought her back to her senses, the overpowering hit of a strong English accent which gruffly stated, "Stop pacing. You're doing my head in child."

Nora's fists tightened in her hair, she was refraining herself from biting back a rude response. She was never one to contain her anger, and considering the girl had an immense habit of jumping to conclusions and debating worse case scenarios, you can imagine the struggle.

She let her hands drop to her sides, along with her body that fell to the floor. She leant against the wall and tilted her head back to look at the ceiling. Releasing a long, loud, shaky sigh, she blinked back the tears in her sea green eyes and looked back down to her hands.

He was going to be alright, right? He couldn't die, it was just a little nudge, nothing to fret over? Sure there was a lot of blood, but there's always a lot of blood in these types of situations. It just goes to show... absolutely nothing.

Nora pulled her knees up to her chest and folded her dress over herself, wrapping her arms around her legs, she dulled her senses and tried to concentrate on the warmth emitting from her skin. But attempting to warm up here was like trying to cool down in hell. No chance.

The waiting room, in some ways, resembled a freezer. It's cold colours just screamed the temperature it maintained. Which, in Nora's opinion, was below freezing point.

The baby blue walls complimented the stainless white double doors, as well as the dark blue plastic chairs in the hallway. The floor was patterned with blues and a tint of yellow, tiled perhaps? Nora couldn't tell, it was too early in the morning for that kind of analysation.

If Nora had to sum to it up in one word, it'd be Blue. It was just all blue. Now considering the colour and the temperature and the fact that Nora looked like a sad, pathetic little blue fairy curled up against the wall... Well, it was still blue. But it didn't make the circumstances any better. If anything, Nora Wilton added profusely to the chilly, eerie and miserable vibe of the drab ol'hospital waiting room.

So It Goesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें