Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

Ashton held his girlfriend, Ryan by the fireplace.

This year, Ashton wanted to spend Christmas alone.

Just the two of them.

None of their crazy friends or family.

All his friends have gone back home for the holidays.

Ashton stayed here with Ryan.

Ryan didn't go home because she's in a tough place with her family right now.

Ryan is three months pregnant.

They aren't married.

Ryan grew up in a strong Christian household in South Carolina.

She knew about abstinence and even had a purity ring.

When Ryan came to California for school and accidentally bumped into Ashton in a cafe, everything Ryan once knew, was forgotten.

When Ryan found out, she knew she had to come clean to her parents.

Ryan thought that they'd be okay with it since times had changed since she was last in South Carolina.

When Ryan got them on Facetime and told them, they freaked out.

They screamed calling her a slut, a whore, they even compared her to a prostitute.

Her mother eventually decided to disown her and was convinced she was carrying "the Devil's baby."

It's a different story for Ashton considering his family is all in Australia and they'll only see the baby when Ashton and Ryan come to Australia.

"I'm kind of glad it's just the two of us." He said.

"Me too. I'm sorry my pregnant self can't fly." She said.

"Please. You're doing me a favor. I didn't want my family to bombard us with questions as soon as we stepped foot in the door." Ashton said.

"This is supposed to be the time of year to spend with family. That's why so many people look forward to the holidays. I've never been out of state for Christmas or even away from my family. Then I connected the dots. This is my family. You, me, and whatever gender I'm carrying." Ryan explained.

"Couldn't have said it better myself, Ry. I love you, Merry Christmas." He said kissing her.

"I love you so much." She said.

"And I love you too, little guy or girl." Ashton said kissing Ryan's stomach.

Inspired by the song Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by *NSYNC.