Chasing Cars

"Ashton, I want to tell you something." Maxine said to her boyfriend of four months.

"Yes, what is it, baby?" Ashton asked.

"I uh. I. I can't." She started crying.

"Max, what's wrong?" He asked putting his arm around her.

"I wanted to tell you this way sooner, but I'm scared. Scratch that, I'm terrified." Maxine cried.

"Why? You know you can tell me anything." Ashton said with concern.

"But I don't know how to if I'm so afraid. If I say it, I know I'll ruin everything. I don't want this relationship to end, Ashton. This has been my longest relationship in years. I don't want such a good thing to end because I'm an idiot." She explained.

"Listen, baby. You don't have to be afraid to tell me anything. You're not going to ruin anything. Our relationship will not end because of something you said. I'm actually glad I'm your longest relationship. Knows I'm doing something right. This good think will never end. And you're not an idiot. You just have a lot of emotions and you just have trouble expressing them sometimes. Just know, whatever it is, I will not leave. Now please just tell me already." He said comforting her.

Maxine took a deep breath before starting.

"I love you." She said.

"I'm sorry if I said that too soon in our relationship. I should've saved it. My parents always said say I love you if I mean it and I really did mean-" Ashton cut her off by kissing her.

"You're the cutest thing ever, Max." He whispered.

"I love you too. Never be afraid to tell me that." Ashton said kissing her one more time.

Inspired by the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.