Well I've lost it all

Start from the beginning

"So, are you gonna talk to him about it? I personally think you should," Mina stated rather confidently.

"No... Not yet anyway. I was thinking maybe after the contest? It's not all that far away and to spring this on him this close doesn't seem like a good idea."

"Well," Kaminari began as he threw his arm over Kirisihima's shoulder, "We're both fucking happy for you, bro."

"And please don't wait too long. We'd hate to see you get your heartbroken," Mina added. "Because then we'd have to break Katsuki. I bet the three of us could pin him down long enough for Riot to rip his face off."

All three began to laugh just before the bell cut them off. Mina and Kaminari walked Kirishima back to his classroom and went their own separate ways after saying goodbye because he wasn't going to see them after school. He and Katsuki had their first therapy sessions that evening after class. They had their consultations almost a week before and were placed with different therapists, which worked for both of them because they wanted to go together. Not that they couldn't go together if they were assigned the same therapist but having different ones made scheduling much easier.

He was excited for himself and for Katsuki. Finally, after many years, he'd get to talk about all the harsh things in his life and not have to worry about being judged for feeling a certain way about a certain thing. Of course, he was scared but there was something about opening up to a stranger that was comforting in some strange way. Most people say the idea of opening up to a stranger was scary but it wasn't like that to Kirishima. An unbiased stranger who will tell you how it is but will still be cautious of how it may make you feel.

And finally, Katsuki is going to be able to tell somebody about all the pain he's been suffering and basking in for so many years. Sure, he told Kirishima about what happened but he's never gone into detail about all the ways he's hurting and grieving. It's not like it was Kirishima's place to know anyway; one day, when Katsuki is ready, he'll tell Kirishima everything. He couldn't wait for that day.

-

When the end of the day rolled around, Katsuki was waiting outside in his dad's pickup truck that was nearly as old as Mina's if not older. Kirishima could hear it roaring to stay alive from the other side of the campus. The inside smelled faintly of Katsuki's cologne and then some sort of air freshener he couldn't identify.

The nervousnessーthe very nervousness he was trying to hide and bury underneath everything elseーstarted to get to him in the silence of the car. Kirishima's mind was wandering off and each time it was proving itself to be more difficult to bring it back in. But Katsuki was with him so everything was going to be okay. He had to tell himself that everything was going to be okay, nothing would go wrong, he could leave and wait in the car if it came down to it.

I'll be okay.

And then Katsuki was helping Riot lead Kirisihima inside and before he could grasp the situation, Katsuki had checked them both in and they were now sitting on those uncomfortable waiting chairs places like hospitals and banks have. Katsuki told Kirishima that the cushions were a dark purple with slightly lighter purple circles dotting it and the legs, as well as the arms, were a solid, slick black. They sounded just as disgusting as they felt.

There's no way a minute had managed to pass before Kirishima was up again, being ushered forward by a hand on his elbow that didn't feel like Katsuki's. It was soft, smooth, no sign of calluses or scars or even bits of dried skin. This hand was dainty and gentle in a way that wasn't like Katsuki's. And he felt long nails. Stiletto nails. That's what they were called. They were pointed at the top just like stiletto heels and probably just as deadly.