"He nearly ruined your life."

"Perspective, Lily. I have bigger things to worry about than what people think about my sexuality."

"So why didn't you come out yourself."

Remus rubbed his temples, "can we please not argue about this?"

The red haired girl nodded, "So why do you think you still have feelings for him?"

"Dunno. I just miss spending time with him. It was so much easier. He didn't have a clue about the lycanthropy, and sometimes it was just nice to pretend it wasn't a problem."

"So you don't have feelings for Bertram necessarily, you just want to be with someone who doesn't know you're a werewolf?"

Remus' head was now pounding, "Lily, I don't want to talk about it. Okay?"

She stood up, "if Bertram is who you really want, then I'll support you, whatever. I always will." She smiled briefly and walked towards the door, "by the way, we're all heading to lunch at 12:30."

"Thanks Lil, but don't wait for me."

Lily nodded sadly, and left the room.

Remus didn't join them for lunch, and just barely made it to Potions by 1:30.

"Ah, how nice of you to join us, Mr. Lupin," Professor Slughorn said as Remus tried to slide unnoticed into the seat Lily had saved for him. "As I was saying," the stout and mildly awkward man continued, "I am very glad that all of you chose to continue your work in potions. Now that you have completed your N.E.W.T.S, we can move into more advanced potions works. This term we will be focusing on perfecting practical potions."

Slips of parchment appeared on the tables in front of the students.

Potions to cover 6th and 7th Years

Elixir to Induce Euphoria

Wit-Sharpening Potion

Volubilis Potion

Love potion Antidote

Wiggenweld Potion

Love potion

Shrinking Solution

Felix Felicis

Amortentia

Hiccoughing Solution

Draught of Living Death

Polyjuice Potion

Slughorn continued lecturing, "class becomes a little less structured now that you are more, mature." Some students laughed at his classification of them, "by the end of three terms, you will present me with a potions portfolio containing half of these potions. I expect them to be nearly perfect."

A few students groaned at the thought of having to perfect 6 entire potions.

"With this portfolio, you must also include a 1 ½ foot piece of parchment explaining the uses and, if applicable, how to make the counter potion, per potion." Remus and Lily both furiously scribbled down the instructions.

This information caused even more students to mutter about how awful the project would be.

"I'm sure the lot of you will find this project to be, a nice break, actually, from the rest of your classes. I will not be requiring attendance, however; at the end of each term, I will be meeting with you to discuss your progress. That is all for today, I suggest you get to work." Slughorn walked behind his desk and sat down. The rest of the class began talking quietly at their tables.