"Hey Emma. How are you doing," she asked as she stepped up beside her father.

Emma was surprised to see Leilani in the back of the Pawn Shop but smiled and greeted her in kind. 

"I'm going that's for sure. How've you been, Leilani?"

"I'm fantasic. I just got back from getting my brother," she answered with a chirp to her voice. 

Rumpelstiltskin seemed to freeze beside her before turning to look at her with hope in his eyes. She turned to him before saying, "I just came by to let you know that we were having dinner at my place. I wanted to invite you to join us."

"You know Mr. Gold?"

"Do I know him," she gave Emma a wry smile. "He's my father. Of course I know him."

Emma looked surprised by this admission. "Isn't Regina your sister?"

"She's my half sister. Our fathers are different."

"Oh."

Leilani leaned over to give her father a kiss on the cheek before saying, "I'll see you at dinner, daddy. It was nice seeing you Emma."

"Nice seeing you too, Leilani."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neal took a shower while Leilani and Luna cooked dinner. 

"So, how was your journey?"

"It was long. I thought I'd have found him the first day there but he kept seeming to avoid me. How was your week that I was gone?"

"It seems that Emma is trying to take Henry away from Regina. However, Henry seems to be coming around to Regina. I visited her a couple of times to get rid of the wrackspurts."

"Those buggers are everywhere," Leilani mumbled as she stuck a finger in her mouth to taste the sauce. It just needed a bit more salt and then it would be perfect. 

Of course she could've easily have cooked with magic but she was used to making things from scratch. Her conditioning with the Dursley's were at play. The doorbell rang and Leilani hurried to open it. 

"I see that you've added your own protections around the place," her father said as soon as she opened the door.

"It's sort of automatic," she said in embarrassment. She knew how strong her wards were and the fact that her father could tell exactly what they were and what they did had her reddening. It was a bit excessive.  

"No worries, dearie. I'm glad you know how to protect yourself."

He stepped inside and took off his jacket and scarf in the closet. Leilani led the way to the dining room. 

"I like what you've done to the place," he said as he glanced around.

Leilani looked around and smiled. Rumpelstiltskin had already furnished the house for her but Luna and Leilani had added their own touches. They'd replaced the heavy drapes with sheer blue grey gauze that let in the light from the window but gave them some privacy. There was also hints of grey and blue all around the living room. 

They'd even begun hanging up some magical portraits that she'd retrieved from her trunk. Most of them were from Potter Manor but there were a few that came from the Black House. Many of them greeted her father cordially while others lifted their noses at their 'muggle' attire. Leilaani snorted in amusement as she led the way further inside. 

She made sure to have her father sit at the head of the table before going back in to the kitchen. Neal chose that time to enter the dining room. He paused in the doorway as his father stared back at him. Neal ran a hand down his shirt before stepping into the room.

"Papa," he said by greeting as he sat down in the chair. 

"Bae," Rumpel choked out. 

"Don't." Neal didn't want to hear an apology. He'd already heard everything from Leilani. "I already heard everything from Lei.. I know you're sorry but that doesn't mean I don't feel hurt still. I told her that I'd give you a chance though, so here I am."

"Good. Good. I'm so glad to have you here." There was so much that he wanted to say but he chose to keep it to himself. 

Soon they were all eating dinner together and talking. Everything was really peaceful even though Leilani had expected a huge blowout. She cleaned the dishes after sending her father off and Neal told her he was going for a walk around the town. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neal pushed his hands into his pockets as he walked down the road. The night breeze was freezing in temperature after it had rained earlier. It would probably rain again but for now the night sky was clear. Everything was quiet in the surroundings except for the occasional passerby leaving to head home from late night work or the local watering hole. 

He walked along in silence as he mulled over what had happened in the past couple days. Something suddenly drew his attention across the street. He wasn't completely sure what exactly it was but as soon as his eyes fell on the person he stopped in shock.

"Emma?"

The blonde looked up and across the street to the man who had said her name. She couldn't believe who she was seeing. Why was Neal here? Emma felt a bit cornered because Henry was with her. 

Neal jogged across the street to stand in front of her. He smiled happily even as she grew a bit pissed off that he thought she'd be happy to see him.

"Neal," she said curtly.

"What are ya doin' here?"

"I should be asking you that," she said evasively.

"Who's this Emma," Henry asked from beside her.

"No one."

"I'm Neal. And who might you be?"

"I'm her son," Henry said as he pointed at Emma.

Neal's eyes widened before looking at Emma suspiciously. She shifted on her feet as she tried not to look into his eyes.

"How old are you," he asked Henry.

"I'm 10 almost 11."

It had been about eleven years ago that he and Emma were together and then she was in jail, serving time for 'stealing watches'. There was only one thing he could ask.

"Is he mine?"

"Neal can we talk about this another time," Emma asked a bit uncomfortably.

"Is he my son, Emma?!"

Henry looked confused as he watched Neal get angry at Emma. 

Emma looked him in the eyes with gritted teeth. "Yes."

"You told me that my dad was dead," Henry accused Emma. 

"Henry," she tried to say but Henry wasn't hearing it. Henry took off running. 

"Thanks a lot, Neal," she said before she tried to chase after him. Neal grabbed her arm.

"How could you hide my son from me?"

"You left me to rot in jail. I didn't think you'd care about me let alone a baby. Now let me go."

He released her as though burned and she took off after Henry. Neal walked back to Leilani's in shock. He had a son. Emma was here. He'd have to talk to her tomorrow and get to know his son. It was no longer just his father and sister that he was staying here for.