12.

Neal and Leilani drove to Maine and talked about their lives. She felt that Neal wasn't telling her everything, especially since he was over three centuries old and that was a lot of memories to go through even if they had hours to discuss them. He did, however, get to know exactly how his sister was treated and how she was used as a tool for a war she had no reason to fight in. She'd only been a child but he guessed that they seemed to relate that way.

When he was a young boy he had been almost drafted to fight in the troll wars. That is, until his father had taken the power of the Dark One and saved him from that possibility. Leilani pointed out that their father had taken on the price to be paid in order for him to stay safe. Everything that Rumpelstiltskin has done has been for his child. 

They made it to Storybrooke just as the first rain began and Leilani turned the windshield wipers on. Neal stared at the sign that showed the one place he had been avoiding.

"Welcome to Storybrooke," Leilani said as she pulled the car forward. She felt a shudder go through her body as she was closed off from her original Death and the other one took over.

Neal stared straight ahead as he chewed the inside of his cheek. They drove in silence as she navigated the roads to reach the house she shared with Luna. She'd called her father when they left New York but she hadn't since. He'd be surprised when she told him that she was home. 

"Where are you taking me?"

"We're going to my house that I share with Luna."

"Your odd friend?"

"She's not odd," Leilani said indignantly. "She's special. Luna just knows things. You'll understand when you meet her."

Neal shrugged a careless shoulder before turning to look at the small town they'd entered. Leilani finally pulled into her house's driveway. The house was a dark blue with grey beams, it wasn't too dark but it pleased Lei's eyes. As opposed to her dad's peptol colored house.

They got out of the car as the garage shut behind them. Neal raised an eyebrow at the fact that she shut it so quickly.

"There's wards around the house that close up when the garage shuts. I'd rather not have some nefarious person sneaking in somehow," she answered his unasked question.

"Do you expect to go to war with someone or something?"

"No but it doesn't hurt to be safe."

He knew that this was merely caused by her days on the run while she fought in a war so he didn't remark on it. When they stepped inside they were immediately greeted by a blonde haired woman who he was guessing was Luna.

"Welcome back, Lei. Hello, Baelfire," Luna said in her usual dreamy way.

"Um, hello?"

"Luna! I missed you," Leilani said as she walked forward to hug Luna. 

"I missed you too, Lei. But luckily you brought your brother back."

"I need to cook some dinner and invite daddy over," Leilani said as she stepped back. 

"I already began dinner. You just need to call Rumpelstiltskin," Luna said before walking away. 

Leilani followed behind her and Neal trailed after his sister. He wasn't altogether sure he wanted to see his father right now but he knew his sister wouldn't listen to him. After she'd threatened him for the fifth time on their way here he wasn't going to cross her. She was a rather vicious little thing.

Leilani left Neal with Luna as she made her way to her bedroom before smoking out of it to pop up in the Pawn Shops back room. It sounded like he was talking with Emma in the front of the shop. She stepped out of the backroom and smiled at Emma.

Who's Savior Are You?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें