Chapter 22 - I'll Give You Proof!

Start from the beginning

Gaara's eyes widened at the sight of me looking like his mother and then hardened. He's going to get mad soon.

"After Mom died, Father practically erased all of her records. The only place you could find her picture is at our house... Yurei's never been there before..."

My eyes snapped towards Temari and I knew you could see hope shining in them. Was she saying she believed me?!?

"Maybe she snuck in!" Kankuro argued. He gave me an icy stare. "That won't make me believe you."

I was starting to feel a mixture of frustration and hopelessness. I don't have anything else to prove it with! Why can't he just believe me?!? Temari's somewhat convinced, Kankuro thinks I'm crazy, and Gaara, he's just watching me embarrass myself!

Their mom frowned at me. "Can you concentrate your chakra in your right hand?" she asked kindly, light sparking in her eyes insinuating she had an idea.

My brow furrowed but I did what she asked, raising it too. Whatever she's planning I hope it works.

The three of them noticed my attention was concentrated on my side where I declared their mom was. Well, the two of them. I was still transformed as Gaara's mom and he was no longer looking at me.

Gaara's mom drifted towards me and hesitantly put her right hand on mine. Naturally, it went right through. But usually when a ghost touches someone they don't feel anything. Right now my entire right hand felt tingly. Goosebumps were rising on my pale skin and it was starting to shake a little without me wanting it too. Suddenly I lost all feeling of it. It went totally numb. And then... it moved.

A gasp escaped my lips and I stared down at it wide-eyed. How was she controlling it? I've never seen a ghost do that before! "How?"

"You're allowing me access. You can see me and when you're directing your chakra into your hand it's like you're loaning me the energy. If it was anyone else who couldn't see me, it wouldn't work but you're special."

That... makes sense. I DID allow her to take control. I didn't know exactly what she was doing but I was trusting her and willing to go along with whatever she was going to do if it would help prove myself.

"Now spread chakra throughout your entire body," she commanded lightly.

I bit my lip. That takes a lot of chakra. If she did that, it would only work for a few minutes at most.

Nodding, I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly. My chakra had stored up during the long period of time I was staying here. I had more than usual. My skin tickled a little as it spread all throughout me.

First, I felt my legs go numb. I was losing control of all my body slowly and it all felt numb yet tingly. In a matter of seconds I felt my entire body neck down completely out of my control. My consciousness was slipping too and, with one last peek at the shocked faces of my teammates before me, I let Gaara's mom take total control.

(Gaara's POV!)

"Gaara."

It's the same smile that greets me every time I look at her picture. It's the same tenderness and happiness that radiates in her eyes that stares at me from my desk. It's that same fake look.

I took down her picture for a reason. I couldn't stand that fake look.

The sky-blue eyes that were imprinted in my mind looked down at her - Yurei's - hand. "I don't know how long I can stay in her body."

"Stop faking," Kankuro commanded. His voice was shaking. Not with fear; I can tell when someone's sounding scared. "Stop pretending you're her."

"Kankuro." The corners of her lips curved into a nostalgic smile. "How's my little boy doing?"