"What about the ocean? It never was and has never been peaceful. Why doesn't the moon calm it's waves?" I asked as I stare across the dark roaring waves of the sea. So rigorous. As if they were jaws reaching out to eat us. "An ocean in chaos is an ocean at peace. Like a mad person who finds tranquil in being free to be mad." Jen muttered as she popped the bottle of mimosa and poured it in to our glasses. Sharing a toast for the night. She leaves me in awe again. Her mind just speaks languages I adore.

"So glad I'm not the ocean." I blurted out my sarcasm, "What do you want to be then?" Jennie smirked at my words. "I don't know... the moon maybe? I mean who wouldn't want to have control over the seas." I answered back. "Why not the sun? you're a ball of fire." she invoked me to rethink. "Because maybe I don't have that kind of power." My voice was listless, I looked away because I knew my smile was fading. Perhaps, it reminded me of who I was in Jen's life. I couldn't help but overthink again. I am a just moon of hers, she's the ocean mine. I, owning only what's half of her whole. Though I am as equal as the days, I still feel powerless whenever I see Jen's eyes spark whenever someone speaks of Roseanne—her sun.

"Nonsense. Of course, you have." She spoke as if I was saying the silliest of things. "Do I?" I doubted. I guess a little liquor would save me from my worries. I said at the back of my mind as I continuously drank. 

"But what if the ocean needs to choose, which one would she think is more sovereign?" I asked as I hear the wind daunting. "But does she need to think when she gives total surrender to both the sun and the moon?"

I need you to. I whispered in my thoughts. Or continuing this would be maddening for me. Instead of spilling these words out, I stood shut and dispensed it to the breeze. "I'm just wondering who she loves more" I replied with hesitance.

In a while, I felt her body closer against mine as she moved, "Look at me" she muttered. I slowly turned my head to face her and with it, her left hand traveled down my wrist and onto intertwining it with my fingers. We both looked down, spurging the feeling of each other's skin. It was surreal. "If I made you question my feelings for you again, then ask me so I can remind you."

My head went low, I felt my hot breath going hectic. I was too agitated to ask what happened. This morning. When she met Roseanne again for the first time in the longest time.

As I felt my throat stuck, i knew I had to throw it out. I huffed a short laugh. "Well, unfortunately, I was reminded this morning." I told her. "I saw the way you stared at her again - at Roseanne? It was like a slap on the face and that overpassing her will forever be impossible."

And when I saw defeat on Jen's eyes that was it. I was right. I lose again. She can't even deny it.

ROSEANNE.

Stuck. That's not just a way to describe what I've been feeling lately but I am literally in a circumstance of such. By the time I took a right, my Ford Fairlane started to be bumpy, later did I realized that my front tire deflated. "Seriously? Now that I have an important errand to go to? Just great!" I screeched out of frustration as I opened the door and checked the tire. The sun was waving. The road was kind of empty, there were just few pedestrians, and I'm barely halfway to my destination.

I was planning to compromise and cry myself in annoyance but a beep and a buzzing engine sound came out from nowhere, it caught my attention. A grey Aston Martin emerged from the streets and stopped just ahead of mine. I can only stand still and watch the car's door open.

Her black go-go boots was the first thing I saw when she came out. I can tell she was fashion savvy. But one thing that left me dumbstruck was her familiar feline eyes. Those haunted me ever since, and i can't tell if I missed looking at it - but I was sure that my heart couldn't contain the bloodrush that I felt when we locked gazes.