Chapter 3

The sun was setting in the distance as a girl with red hair sat on a bench next to a blonde.

"The party will start soon," the redhead spoke, her eyes looking across the lake.

"I never was a fan of parties" she turned to face the redhead and studied her face "too many people."

"You don't really have much of a choice, it's your party,"

She sighed, "Yeah, I guess. Mum would probably panic if I wasn't there. Her youngest child is turning 15 and becoming a senior in school," her head bowed and she looked at her feet that were drawing circles in the dirt "I'm not even her daughter." She spoke softly.

"You can't hold it against her," The red-haired girl wrapped her arms around the blonde and rested her head on her hair, "She still loves you."

"I guess,"

Suddenly, screams were heard in the distance as a large crash sounded from the house nearby. The two girls immediately got up from their positions and ran towards the commotion.

The blonde slowed down as she reached the centre of the commotion. There, dead in a familiar car, was a family of four. Her family. She screamed.

"Natalia! It's just a dream,"

She woke up with a start, sweat dripping down her face. Her eyes swivelled around the room in a panic, not recognising her surroundings. That was until her eyes set on a person in the room.
She recognised her vaguely but in her sleep-addled mind, it didn't click until after the woman spoke again.

"Sweetie it's okay it was just a dream," Her voice was soothing and motherly which caused Natalia to feel safe.

"Mummy?" The words stumbled out of her mouth without her permission, she felt like such a child.

"Yes honey," She confirmed softly.

"Mum, where am I? I don't remember falling asleep," Natalia questioned, maturity returning to her voice after escaping the grasp of her nightmare.

Mary smiled, "You fell asleep on the way back" She straightened up from her position and walked out of the room. She poked her head back in, "I came to get you for dinner. This is your new bedroom, we can personalise it tomorrow." and she softly shut the door

"M'kay," She swung her legs off the side of her bed and stared at her reflection in the full-length mirror in the corner of her room.

'I look very different,' she stretched her arms out in front of her and a look of wonder swept upon her face.

'I'm a lot younger now. I thought I had shrunk quite a bit or something but this is something on a completely different level,' she stood up and walked towards the mirror to look closer, 'I can barely recognise myself,' Natalia studied her reflection.

Gone was the blonde hair and brown eyes combo. She now had green eyes and medium-length dark brown hair. Her skin was no longer as tan, and she now had pale skin and rosy cheeks.

What shocked Natalia the most, was how young she appeared. She seemed to have been de-aged by around ten years.

The sound of Metal hitting China cut through the silence of the hallway as Natalia softly closed her bedroom door behind her and stepped out.

The stairs creaked occasionally when she landed on them, she thought of memorising each creaky step to learn to avoid them. Natalia padded into the kitchen and paused for a moment before choosing a seat and sitting down across from her sister.

Mary pushed a bowl of delicious looking pasta in front of her and she grabbed her cutlery from the middle of the table and dug in. Her mother and sister started chatting and tried to include the girl, but she wasn't paying attention. She was stuck in thought.

'So what now? I haven't met my dad yet which is kinda confusing but apparently he's busy doing something with work, I'm also six years old now. I'm pretty sure everyone must've noticed my more advanced speech for a six year old. Maybe they think I'm just smart or something. I wonder if I have to go to primary school again. BORING. Maybe I should just go to a library or something and do a bunch of reading. I mean, I enjoy reading somewhat, I'm not that interested though. I guess it will have to do if I want to know stuff and it could be a great cover story in a way. I also don't want to get bored from the fact I don't have any internet so fanfiction is out of the question obviously. The more that I think about it, why not?'

"Hey mum," It still felt somewhat odd calling the woman her mother.

"Yes, honey?" She spoke softly with a smile on her face, giving her full attention.

"Is there a library nearby?" Natalia questioned unsurely.

Trinity placed her fork down and decided to speak up, "There's quite a big library that's just down the street, why?"

"I love reading," Her younger sister replied, embarrassed.

"That is another thing we have to add to the list of what we shall do tomorrow," Mary concluded.

"Night mum," Trinity stood up and left for her room.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" Mary called after her retreating form. She then faced Natalia and spoke, "It's time for you to go to sleep honey,"

"Okay mummy," The more Natalia said it, the more natural it became. This woman was her mother, and it's hard not to love her.

________________
I'm soooooo sorry,

I actually had this chapter pretty much ready to publish back when I published chapter 2. I explained it in my authors note, I just wasn't happy with it. The main issue was I got hit with assignments and tests I needed to complete and study for. The other issue was my major writer's block, YAY I finally updated. I apologise for how long it took and how short it is.
On a much happier note, 300 reads!!!!! Omg, I legit cannot explain how happy that makes me, I just wanted to publish this chapter the moment I reached it like OMG. I nearly cried when I saw it :)

Thanks soo much for reading, I will try to update as soon as I possibly can, lots of love.

The fabulous Aussie 🐨

*Edit 1/7/20. Fixing random grammar issues*