"Ready?" I asked, putting on my parka as well.

"Ready!" He cheered, fist pumping the air.

"Let's go then!" I held out my hand, he took it almost immediately. And together, we went outside, meeting the cold breeze. Suitcases in our free hands as I haul a cab, telling the driver to drive us to the airport once we were settled inside. I looked out of the window, smiling as one of Perrie's song came out of the radio. Gerry squealed, jumping up and down on his seat excitedly.

Few more hours, and my family will be reunited again.

-*-*-

Perrie was so exhausted. She slumped down on her seat as Aaron, her make up artist slash hair stylist slash friend, retouched some of her make up. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Guilt and longing swarmed in her eyes as she stared blankly at her reflection, letting Aaron finish his work. Perrie hated not being with her wife and son during Christmas, and especially on Jade's special day, which was today. She tried to call her few times earlier, but her calls went straight to voicemail. What can she do? Her wife must be hating her right now.

Stupid management. Do they know how holidays work? She thought to herself.

She groaned, face scrunched up as she terribly missed her wife, who was possibly celebrating right now with their son, her family and friends.

Aaron huffed, putting down his make up brush. His face showing annoyance on his friend's action. "If you want to call her, I'll give you some privacy." And with that, he went out of the room. Perrie sat up, eyes slightly wide as she stare at the door. Excitement settled in her body as she quickly fished out her phone, dialing her wife's number. It rang three times before she heard her angelic voice on the other end of the line.

"Yeah, babe?"

"Hiya, beautiful. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday! Sorry I wasn't there right now, but I'll make it up to you somehow. Hey, wait- did you just yawn? Shoot, what time is it there? Sorry if I wake you up." She bit her bottom lip.

"No, babe. I just.. I was just tired, s'all."

"Tired? Why are you tired? It's your birthday today! You shouldn't be tired, right?"

"Yeah, but-" she heard her yawn again. "I'm fine really. I was up all night telling Gerry our love story."

"Mum, I'm sleepy. Can we rest now?"

Her ears perked up as she heard her son's voice in the background. "Am I on speaker? I want to talk to Gerry."

"Wait, yeah. Here. Gerry, it's mom."

"Hey, monkey."

"Mom! We missed you! I, uhh."

Perrie chuckled at her son. "Awwe, I missed you guys so damn much."

"Pez, language!" Jade scolded.

"Sorry?"

"Accepted."

"So, how's everything going on there?" She asked, unconsciously playing with the hem of her leather jacket. Smiling as she thought of her Jade and Gerry so cuddled up in the couch, watching random Disney movies and just enjoying each other's warmth- the way they always do during Christmas. It was kind of a tradition to them now, and just a thought of it made Perrie wanted to go home and enjoy the rest of the night with her beloved family. If only she could teleport, she had done it long time ago, but this was the reality. No supernatural powers can be real.

"We're fine." Jade answered.

"Never better, mom!"

Perrie nodded, although she doubt that they could see that. "Good, but wait- I missed seeing my angels' faces. Hold up a sec, I'll just have to facetime you and-"