23 || Disaster Double Date 💣

Start from the beginning

"Okay, we'll let you know when a table's ready-"

"No, no," I cut her off, slipping a large bill out of my clutch and sliding it to her with a winning smile. "I really need a table for four."

She smirked, taking the bill and looking between the two of us. "I'll see what I can do." I mouthed a 'thank you' as she headed off to go clear a table for us.

I turned to Tommy to see him watching the blonde go with narrowed eyes, "God, I miss being able to do that."

I laughed at that, looping my arms around his one arm as I led him back over to where our dates were, "anyway, I was going to ask Oliver, but he's been kind of busy with this girl he's been seeing." Tommy looked at me curiously, obviously not knowing about any girl. "Yeah, she's not good news and I tried to tell him that, and he shut me down. But, you know, it's fine, cause he has no problem telling me what he thinks of my boyfriends, so..."

"So, you asked Chuck to get back at him." Tommy finished for me.

My eyes snapped to him, "what? No." I denied instantly. "I asked Chuck because he was the only guy I could find for a last minute double date." Tommy let out a silent 'ah' like he didn't believe me, but I didn't get to say anything because another couple decided to join us then.

"Hey!" Tommy and I had just reached where Chuck and Laurel were standing when Oliver Queen's voice reached my ears. I turned to see him walking over to us, a hand resting comfortably on Helena's back. "Tommy, Laurel. This is Helena. And obviously, you remember Harley and... Chuck..." Oliver smiled tightly at the boy and my date tossed him a cheeky smirk as he draped an arm around my waist.

Oliver cleared his throat, his attention shifting to me, "you look beautiful, Angel."

I looked down at my pink dress and white flats before smiling back at Oliver, "thanks, Casanova."

"Ms. Merlyn your table's ready."

I turned to see the hostess from earlier with a couple of menus in her hands and I heard Laurel let out a soft 'finally'. My eyes flicked from her to Oliver and Helena, "hey, why don't you guys join us," I offered and immediately Oliver, Tommy, and Chuck all started to protest. "I'd love to get to know your new girlfriend, Ollie."

Like she could see the 'fuck you' in my eyes, Helena tossed me a fake smile, "likewise."

"That's... that's fine. It'll be great." Oliver told the hostess to change his table to one for six people and slid her some money. We were quickly seated and started off with some drinks - Oliver had ordered the Champagne and I was sipping casually on it as we all shared stories.

"I had forgotten that you filled your parents pool with beer," Oliver laughed from where he was sitting between Helena and I. Chuck was on the other side of me between Laurel and I while Tommy was sitting between his girlfriend and Helena. "How many kegs did that take."

"Roughly a thousand or so."

"Whatever, dad was so pissed I thought he might actually drown you in it." I tossed Tommy a pointed look over my Champagne glass.

"Yeah, but death by beer, there are worse ways to go," Tommy shrugged. "Right, Helena?"

"Well, there are no good ways to die." She countered, and silence fell over us. she must've realized the mood change cause she turned to me with that same fake smile, "So, uh, how did you and Chuck, meet?"

"Uh, Highschool, we dated for almost three years." I told her and I felt Chuck lay a hand on my thigh under the table and I had to stop myself from smacking his hand away. Oliver and Helena would definitely notice that and I definitely didn't want that.