04 || Witch Hunt 🧙🏻‍♀️

•••

•••

It took me longer than usual to get away from the department, and I blamed that on Detective Lance piling a mountain worth of files to sort through. I honestly think he was just trying to get back at me for taking Oliver's side in all of this. What did he expect? He was letting his emotions control what he did on the job and was using his power as an officer to harass my brother and best friend.

I finally did, however, get away and change in time to head up to the Queen's Mansion with my brother to go with Oliver to his court date. He was getting legally resurrected.

"That guy gets more screen time than the Kardashians." Oliver was saying when I made my way into the main Living Room at the Queen's Mansion.

I cocked my head to the side, see the news report on the Vigilante before my eyes turned to Oliver. "I find him interesting," I told him, watching his reaction carefully. He looked over at me with that same look in his eyes, like he was trying to read me. "Like some Guardian Angel."

It was silent for a moment before Oliver finally spoke back up, "I think he's just some nut job. But, what do I know?"

"He only saved your life." I pointed out and he tipped his head in my direction as a silent acknowledgement.

"This City used to be different," Moira added with a sigh, leaning forward to reach for the remote and turn off the TV. "People used to feel safe."

"Aw, what's the matter Mom?" Thea teased, her lips pursed. "Afraid we're next."

Before either of the Queen girls could say anything else, Walter turned to Oliver promptingly. "Do you have any questions, Oliver? "It's a simple proof of life declaration. Read out a brief statement to the judge and your death in absentia judgement will be voided."

Oliver smiled tightly, "it's fine. I've been in a courtroom before."

"Four times by my estimate." Tommy broke out whit a cocky grin and I bit back a laugh. "There's the DUI, the assault on that Paparazzi Douche Bag. Stealing that Taxi, which was awesome, by the way. What else am I missing?"

"When he peed on the Cop," I added with small giggle, biting my lips to muffle the sound as I looked over at the two boys. "How could you forget that.

"I wish everyone would." Moira added as Walter helped her into her jacket.

Tommy chuckled, clapping a hand against Oliver's chest, "how you managed to pull any girls after that stunt, was beyond me."

"It was the bad boy persona of it all," I offered for him, turning to them with a cocked eyebrow and crossed arms. "Everyone goes through a bad boy stage. It's practically a ride of passage for a teenage girl."

Oliver chuckled at that, "look, I'd hang guys, but we're headed to court."

"That's why were here," Tommy threw his arms out to the side, looking comically offended that Oliver would think anything else. "My best friend is getting resurrected. I wouldn't miss that for the world."