Chapter 9

"Yaz?" The doctor shook her slightly, whispering to her. "Yaz we need to leave."
"I really need to shower." Her voice groggy.
"We only have a few minutes. We have a lot to do today." The doctor whipped off the covers from Yaz, making her frown.
"Can I go shower in the TARDIS and meet you back at Carrie's lodgings?"
"It's dangerous around here Yaz. I'll come with you." She placed her hand on Yaz's arm. Yaz slid up, entwining her hand with the Doctors. She reached out and tucked a stray piece of hair behind the doctors head, cupping her face with her free hand.
"I'll be fine."
The doctor placed the key around Yaz's neck, warning her for the 5th time to be careful. They said a quick goodbye and went their separate ways.
The Doctor headed towards East River, not knowing what she was going to do. If she saved her then she would ruin the timeline, but could she stand by and let an innocent woman die so horrendously? It was the hardest thing about being a Time Lord, deciding who can be saved.
She trudged in the snow towards the hotel, her boots sodden. The snow always reminded her of Rose, which is why she tried never to land in the winter, not that it was winter now. "Snow in April?" She muttered to herself. Suddenly it all clicked into place, like the second hand hitting midnight on New Years. Like the final turn of a rubix cube, showing every uniformed colour. Her brow furrowed, eyes wild as she realised the choice she would have to make. Before she could think of anything else she found herself sprinting back towards the TARDIS. Yasmin Khan needed her, and in that second, nobody else mattered. She hit the blue door, she shook the handles hysterically shouting for her companion, the doors wouldn't open. She clicked her fingers on both hands with no avail. "Why won't you let me in?!" She demanded, knowing her time machine couldn't talk back. She felt that Yaz was in danger, and in her frustration punched the wooden police box door, screaming in pain. "Okay, that was stupid. Wow anger, I'm a puncher, don't think I've been one of those before. It's quite exciting finding out something new about yourself." She looked around and seeing nobody was there, remembered she was alone. She began to run back to East River, even with her hearts she was out of breath, her lungs aching from the cold air. She ran up the wooden stairs, slamming her palms down on the bannister. She reached Carrie Brown's room, this time using her sonic immediately and kicking open the door. "Yaz?" But standing in front of her was not Yaz.
"Hello, again." His slimy voice licking its way down her spine. "I owe you a thank you."