Chapter 2 - How it all begun

Petra couldn't believe it! She just wanted to forget about embarrassing moment with Levi today, and there she is - she just bumpet into him.

"S-sorry Captain!" she said while saluting.

"Tch, Petra. Don't be so formal with me when we're alone. You didn't need to salute." said Levi.

"Y-yes s-sir!"

He was just about to leave when Petra stopped him.

"Wait! Can I ask you... something?" she asked.

"Go ahead."

"In a town, why were you so mad at Hanji-san?"

That caught him by surprise. He was nervous now.

"Well... I though she was probbably thinking that I have some feelings for you and that she was just about to yell about it."

Petra's heart broke in million pieces.

Why am I feeling like this? though Petra. I already reconciled with the fact he can't see me as something more than subordinate. Why does this hurt so much?

"But... why you were thinking it? You're my Captain and I'm your subordinate... That's all." said Petra.

It was now Levi's heart which broke. His chest tightened.

She doesn't love me... But it's good thing. I'm not good enought... I won't bind her to me.

"The hell I know. Just God knows what's inside her crazy head. She often misunderstands things and that causes many troubles."

"I see..."

"Is there anything else you wanted to ask me?"

"Actually yes. You... are really popular with girls?"

And there it is. The question he feared someone will ask him and of all people it has to be Petra. Just great.

"Don't pay much attention on it. Everytime we go to town, she keeps telling me that girls are looking at me and giggling. I bet that's not true because she knows to be pain in the ass just by knowing she'll annoy me."

"Oh." said Petra a little relieved.

"Why?"

"E-e! Because, well, I never tought you're... um, popular with girls... That you could actually love one of them..." she said last part quietly, but Levi heard her.

"Why? You think I'm not capable to love?" he said a bit irritated and deep inside, he was hurt.

"NO! It's nothing like that! I just... wasn't expecting it for you... Everyone told me you never was in relationship and you never show interest in women, so I..."

"So you tought I'm heartess and can't fell anything. It's alright, many people see me like that, but I didn't believe you could actually be one of them too" said Levi.

"Captain! I didn't mean it like that! I admire you more than everything here and I would never tought of you as heartless man! You care for us all and even if you don't want us to know than, you are so easy to read!" shouted Petra.

As she said that, she regreted it. No, no, no! I shouted at my commanding officer and said things like that right into his face! I could be kicked out of his squad or even Survey Corps! And on top of that I gave him a hint of my feelings! What have I done?

Levi was shocked with her sudden burst but unlike her, he didn't see it the was she did. Warm feeling bloosomed in his chest. But, but! He can't show that in front of her. She must stay away from him.