Chapter 3 - Tension

Next morning and later a day, brought more unexpected events in the Survey Corps HQ. However, just a few soldiers had a clue about it.

Petra woke up with the first rays of the sun. She slowly opened her eyes, still sore from yesterday's crying. She couldn't remember properly how long she cried, but she could say it was more than 15 minutes. She was feeling a little better now, but nothing can repair an aching heart. She sat in her bed and glanced towards the clock that was on the wall. 5:10 am. She knew she won't be able to fall asleep again so she decided to get up and make everyone breakfast.

.

.

.

The sky was blue and puffy clouds were moving slowly, like they didn't want to disrupt the peace. In the field beneath, ther wasn't any human soul except one man sleeping peacefully.

Levi was lying in a sweet grass as his bed while sun was spreading its warmth and making him feel more comfortable then he ever was in his life. Everything around him was peaceful and he was resting with soft grass beneath him and shining sun above. Birds were singing their songs that he didn't understand and a slight breeze was blowing.

"I'm sorry..."

Levi shot his eyes open when he recongized that voice. It was Petra's. He sat up and looked around him. There was no sigh of her.

"...Petra?" he turned and spotted her a few meters behind him. She was wearing a long, white dress with no shoes on and smilling at him with teary eyes. Tears started travelling from her eyes, down her cheeks and finally they fell in the grass. She looked at him with pain in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Captain, for feeling this way..." she said and turned around to leave.

"Wait!" shouted Levi and grabbed her forearm.

Petra turned to face him with more tears pooling in her eyes.

"What feelings Petra? What do you feel about man like me?" he wispered almost gently.

"Please, let me go!" she said and Levi remembered. He remembered how he pinned her to the wall and said all those harsh things to her, just to keep her away. Just for her sake. He imediately let go of her forearm and looked deep in her eyes.

"Forgive me." he wispered. The sence of quilt was tearing him apart. "I'm sorry for doing that to you yesterday, but you must stay away from me."

"Why?" Petra said with shaking voice.

"Why NOT? Is that so hard? What's binding you to me that much?"

She was silent for a moment and looked at him in the eyes with serious expression now.

"You... are not supposed to know." she said and started to leave again.

"No, wait! Is that feeling... love?"

Petra just continued walking away and Levi started to run after her, but suddenly a very strong wind blew, making it difficult for him to move. He watched Petra fading and shouted after her.