Chapter 31

Four years later

"Ross,don't freak out!"

"Rydel,I'm not freaking out."

"You must want to shit your pants!"

"I think I'm fine,Rocky."

Then all my band members started talking at once,giving me more stress.I was going to propose to Laura in front of the entire freaking world and though I hid it well,I was very nervous.

I mean,what if she said no?

"Okay,everybody shut the hell up!"I shouted,and they all went silent."I'm the one going to propose on stage tonight but you guys are the ones panicking.How's that going to help me?"

"Okay,we're calm,"Riker said."The show's starting in a few minutes,are you ready?"

I nodded."Laura's on her way with Vanessa right?"They nodded."Good.Rydel,the ring."

I stretched a hand towards her and she started looking around in her pockets.She never brought out the ring.

"Rydel!I gave you the ring because you claimed I would lose it!"I couldn't help but shout,running my hands through my hair.No,Ross,keep your shit together.Rydel didn't misplace the ring,it's probably around here somewhere.I sighed."I'm sorry.Please find it."

Rydel took off to God-knows-where,Ellington quickly following.

"I can't believe you wanna get married,"Riker said,looking at me in confusion.

I rolled my eyes and smirked."And just like the many other times you brought this up,it's because I feel like it's the right thing to do.I love Laura and I want to marry her."

Rocky and Riker exchanged looks.

"Damn,dude.You're whipped,"Rocky said with a chuckle.I just shrugged."You know,if it was someone else,I would have done everything possible to change your mind."

I placed a hand on his shoulder."I know."

"Okay,let's hug it out!"Riker exclaimed,pulling us both to his sides.

"Ross,I found it!"

Rydel and Ellington reached us and Rydel put the ring box in my hand.

"It was in my dressing room,"she said.

I opened the box and there it was,the perfect ring for my Laura.At least if she didn't say yes,I was going to insist that she kept the ring.

Ross,what the fuck?She was going to say yes!

"Guys,it's time!"the stage manager informed us.

"Okay,guys,let's end this show with a bang!"I said,and they all cheered in response,before we grabbed our instruments and made for the stage.

***
It was time.

As the others made conversation with the audience before our last song,I went to the side of the stage.

"Help me get Laura Marano.She's backstage with her sister,"I told the stage manager,who nodded and hurried off.

When he didn't return immediately,I run out of patience and went to find her.

When I saw her,I couldn't wait to get her on stage.

"Laura,c'mon,"I said,walking over to her and taking her hand.I pulled her onto the stage."Guys,say hello to Laura!"

Their loud screams had me tightening my grip on Laura's hand.I knew she wasn't comfortable with this so I was going to make this quick.

"What the hell is going on?"she whispered to me.

I smirked at her."It's a surprise.Now go sit on that chair on the other side."

She glared at me but still did as I said.I could imagine how much she was dying of curiosity.

I took my place and introduced our last song of the evening.I knew Laura was beyond surprised without having to look at her.I couldn't look at her now,I was already nervous as it is.

When we started singing,all I could think about was Laura and everything I was feeling when I wrote this song.

This gave me courage to look at her,and just like that,my confidence lifted.

I walked up to her and pulled her out of her seat,singing my heart to her.

When the last part of the song reached,the band stopped playing and the arena was silent as I sang it alone.

"Cause I'm falling for you,for everything that you do.Baby,I'm falling for you.You might be crazy,but baby,I'm falling for you."

I removed the ring box from my pocket and got down on one knee in front of Laura.

"Back in high school,remember that crazy story everyone was believing about you bringing me to my knees?"I started,nervously as I opened the box.Laura nodded,though her eyes were fixed on the ring in awe."Well it finally happened.Although I'm actually on one knee."

Laura chuckled,and that eased my anxiety a little.

"So,Marano,what do you say?Marry me?"

I had expected a yes...or a no,but I never expected her answer.

"I-I'll think about it."

"This is awkward,"I muttered,getting to my feet.I was never going to leave this-

"Oh come here you,of course I'll marry you!"Laura shouted.I just stared at her,not really sure if I had heard her correctly.

She leaped at me and I caught her,hugging her tightly.

Oh thank God,she almost had me there.

"You don't know how much I love you!"I told her.

"Yes,I do,and I love you more!"she replied.

"No,I don't think it's possible!"She laughed and didn't say anything else.

Around us,there was a thunder of applause as I twirled her around.When I set her back on her feet,I waste no time slipping the ring onto her finger before taking her face in my hands and kissing her softly.

I can't believe a bucket list had brought us here.

As the others said the closing remarks,I looked to the side of the stage and saw Vanessa pointing two thumbs up in Laura's direction.

Okay,her bucket list.

***The End***

A/N:-This is the end.In Laura's pov and Ross's pov.Thank you guys for sticking around for the few chapters I wrote in Ross's pov.You're the best!