i.

━━ 𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨

i.
━━━━━━━━

001.| 𝓃𝒶𝑜𝓂𝒾

赤い糸
━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER ONE

A LOUD EXPLETIVE BEING EXCLAIMED IS WHAT SUDDENLY ROUSES HER FROM HER SLUMBER. The noise startles her, accentuating the rapid pulsation of her heartbeat stuttering against her chest. Her eyes pry open, blinking rapidly through the bleariness and adjusting to the harsh luminosity of the moon's light that poured through the open windows. Once her vision's clear, she's able to see the outlined silhouette of a figure standing athwart from her bed; the gentle beckon of her name emanating off of the person's lips is what sets her nerves at ease when she hears the familiar tenor of his voice.

Naomi sits upright, the sheets that were swathed across her lap rustle as she leans over to tug at the drawstring of the lamp that's perched on the nightstand. With a soft click, the lamp turns on and floods the room with light now giving her the perfect view of seeing her boyfriend standing by their doorway. "You almost gave me a fucking heart attack!" She proclaims, her hand's laid over her heart still thudding against her palm though she could feel its rapid haste beginning to subside.

She gauges a look at the clock, heeding at the time. She gives him a reproachful look, shaking her head as she watched him crouch over and rub at the maimed spot on his shin where he'd inadvertently bumped against the dresser in his futile attempts of a stealthy return. "That wouldn't have happened if you weren't trying to sneak in." She condemns knowingly, her eyebrows raised as he toes off his shoes.

"I wasn't sneakin' in. I was tryin' to not wake you up." He rebuttals, absentmindedly kicking his shoes aside as he sauntered over towards the bed. But Naomi intercepts him before he's able to sit down, pressing a hand against his chest as she shakes her head.

"Nuh uh, you need to shower before you even think about climbing into bed with me." She avers sternly, causing Clifford to smack his teeth in opposition albeit he's docile and begins retracting away from her.

"Baby, c'mon! You know I'm tired. I've been at work all night." He's giving her a pleading look, in hopes that it would be enough to convince her into letting him crawl into their bed behind her. But Naomi doesn't relent, instead she gestures a dismissive hand at him and inclined her chin outwardly towards their bathroom.

"I know, but you smell like weed and sweat and it stinks."

Clifford concedes, sighing softly and giving her a narrowed look that mimicked one of a petulant child before eventually turning around to redirect himself towards the bathroom.  She hears the click of the bathroom door shut after he saunters inside, the sound of water emerging from the showerhead follows seconds later.

Naomi leans backwards on the bed, returning to her respective position underneath the warmth of her duvet. Just as she's tucking her head onto her pillow, she hears the soft pattering of footsteps that she immediately knows belongs to her maltipoo, Cherry. The furry, chocolate brown pet appears in her doorway—greeting her with a welcoming bark before gaitering towards her in approach.