03

graysons pov

i smile into the kiss and lean back, admiring emma's beauty. wait, no. not emma, hannah, my girlfriend. you're dating hannah not emma, grayson, get your shit together. i realized she was staring at me with a concerned look, her eyebrows furrowed and the corner of her lips pointed downwards in a slight frown. i shove away my thoughts, forcing a smile while the words rolled off my tongue with ease.

"i love you."

but i knew i didn't mean it, in my heart all i wanted was emma, but she would never love me, she's dating my brother for christs sake! i can't believe i let myself fall for her, especially since i have a girlfriend, and she's my twin brothers girlfriend. man, i'm a fucking mess.

hannah's pov

i stared at grayson, he was clearly deep in thought. something was up with him. lately, he's been super disinterested in our relationship and it's bothering me. we no longer cuddle as much as we used to, he's always "not in the mood" for sex, dates are rare, and it's as if his feelings for me have... disappeared. at this point, i'm pissed. i just want to know what's going on with my boyfriend. i was being irrational, he's my boyfriend and we love each other, why couldn't i just ask him about it?

"gray, can we talk for a sec?" i say gently.

"uh, yeah. sure," he replies, sounding slightly annoyed.

"lately you seem distant... i know it's not just me that feels the tension between us, what's going on? and don't you dare lie to me," i say, beginning to feel slightly angry, despite having no good reason to be.

"what do you mean, h? everything is fine, why wouldn't it be?" he responded, almost to himself, not yet meeting my gaze.

my eyes looked up to meet his, and as we finally made eye contact he immediately averted his gaze. i felt tears well up in my eyes as he looked up at me again, and i realized that the sparkle in his eyes that was once there had died. suddenly, i understood everything, my heart sunk. it all made sense. the missed calls, the ignored text messages, him denying my feelings, all of it. he had fallen out of love with me, and there was absolutely nothing i could do about it.

gray's pov

as soon as i saw her eyes gloss over, i knew she knew. my feet were too quick for my mind as i stood swiftly.

"i'm sorry," the words passed my lips in a faint whisper before i bolted from the room.

"grayson, wait!" i heard her voice faintly coming from her living room, but i was already out the door.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! we finally updated! it was so awesome seeing all the people that read our story, we appreciate it so much. this chapter has some piping hot tea! what do you think of it? seee ya later xoxo -Isa and Carly