"Eww why you talking to ma 'bout nuts Lo Lo? That's just nasty." X says walking into the kitchen, grabbing a Gatorade out of the fridge.

"Obviously you walked in on the wrong part of the conversation X. I wasn't talking to mom about nuts. I said if I have to sit in that room another day then I'm going to GO nuts." I tell him as I take his Gatorade and drink some of it.

"Fool..." My ma says to X after slapping him in the back of the head.

"Ma........................I love you." He tells her knowing that if he says anything else he's bound to get hit again. "& Lo Lo don't be putting your mouth on my drink! I don't know what you be doing in that room when ain't nobody here.." He says laughing and running, knowing that I can't chase after him.

"I swear I'm gone hurt that boy one day." I tell my mom.

"Please do." She says looking through the fridge. "You want me to fix you something to eat baby?"

"Yes ma'am."

When I was in the hospital after my mom found out, I asked if she could tell my brother's what happened for me. I didn't really know what to say to them or how to say it. After a few visits with my mom and once my swelling went down, I allowed them to come visit. X was pretty pissed and Tre didn't really say much of anything. The better I got the more X started coming to see me by himself. He would even stay some nights so that Mikey could go and get some things done. Once I started feeling better I told Mikey that he didn't have to stay with me any longer. But he refused to leave me there alone. I'm so thankful for my brothers. They always somehow seem to keep my head above water. Even when I unknowingly do everything in my power to drown myself. I'll have to remember to figure out a way to show them my appreciation.

While sitting in the kitchen with my mom waiting for my food to be done, we hear a knock on the door and then the chime of the doorbell. My mom starts toward the door but I stop her and tell her to continue cooking. I make my way to the door thinking that it's probably just Tony. He's here so much; I'm surprised my mom hasn't given him a key yet. But then again she probably has. Especially with their late night creeping when they think everyone is sleeping. Eventually I reach the door as the knocking continues. Instead of bothering to ask who was there I just open it. To my surprise there's a sexy caramel brotha' standing there grinning at me. Whom, might I add, is too fine for his own good!

I take a moment to compose myself and then finally I speak. "Brian? What are you doing?"

"Well hello to you too." He says with that charming smile of his.

" I apologize." I say looking down. "How are you?"

He chuckles at my slight nervousness "I was only joking Gloria; I'm fine. Thanks for asking..finally." This causes me to look away from him. "Aww I'm kidding again. Lighten up." He tells me while rubbing my arm.

I just shake my head as he continues to stand there. "Uh okay. Well come on in." I tell him as I step aside to let him in.

"Sure. This is a beautiful home your mother has." He compliments as he looks around, taking in the house.

"Gloria!" I hear my mom call from the kitchen. "Who is that at the door?"

I almost burst into laughter from Brian's facial expression after he hears my mom's voice. It's quite comical. It's almost like the face you make when you get caught doing something or if you're surprised. The 'Ohhhh' face. Let's just say over the time that I was in the hospital, my mom and Brian have built an risible relationship.

"I didn't know your mom was here." He sort of whispers. I laugh at his sudden timidness.

"Well I guess that's what happens when you pop up unannounced to someone's home." I tell him leaning against the wall. "What are you doing here anyway? Not to be rude or anything, I'm just asking."