Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It's a little after midnight when I make it back home from my mom's. I had such a great time, all of my brothers are crazy. Tony and my mom couldn't keep there hands off of each other. They're cute together. I think he will be good for her.

Once I make it inside I place the food I brought from my mom's in the fridge. I make my way to my room and I realize that David isn't here. I check my watch for the time. It's 12:23 a.m. He should have been home. "I wonder where he could be..." I just shrug and take a shower to get ready for bed.

As I'm standing in the mirror wrapping my hair, I hear the alarm beep indicating that the door's been opened. I put my silk bonnet on and I make my way downstairs.

I see David undoing his tie and placing it on the counter in the kitchen.

"Hey."

"Hey beautiful." He says with smile. I swear this man is bipolar as hell.

"How come you're getting in so late?"

He looks away from me "Uhh after the meeting I went and had some drinks with the fellas."

I don't smell any alcohol but I don't press it. "Ok well I'm tired so I'm going to bed."

"Oh ok. Uh I'm gonna take a shower and i'll come join you."

With that I just make my way back to my room and get in bed. Something about David isn't sitting right with me. I'm too tired to really think about it right now. I just want to sleep, and that's exactly what i'm going to do.

*

*

*

The next morning I awake with the sun. I have a lot on my mind, so after I eat I decide to go to the gym.

While I'm working out I think about everything that happened yesterday. I'm so glad Mike and I made up. I missed my brother so much. But I'm also thinking about what he said about David. I know he's right. But I really don't know how or what to do about it. I love David so much and being without him never really crossed my mind. I wouldn't know what to do without him.

It's just something about him is different now. Something isn't right but I just can't place what it is.

After my workout I head home and shower and change clothes. I get some laundry done and do some cleaning around the house.

When I'm just about finished cleaning my phone rings; it's David. "Hello"

"Good morning baby. How are you?"

Someone's in a good mood today.

"Good morning and I'm fine. What's up?"

"Oh nothing. I just had you on my mind. Oh, uh I have a meeting out of town this afternoon and one in the morning as well. Instead of driving back and forth I'm gonna stay overnight. I'll be back tomorrow evening okay."

What the hell is up with all these damn meetings? I just blow out air in frustration "Okay David, I'll see you tomorrow." I say and then hang up.

Since I don't really have anything to do today and I'm caught up on all my work I call X.

He takes forever to answer the phone "Yo!"

-_- << my face right now. "That's how you answer the phone?"

He chuckles "Oh my bad Lo Lo. I ain't look to see who was callin'. What's up tho?"

"Nothing much. You got anything planned for today?"