Chapter 15

Chapter 15|

After explaining and talking to my mom and calming her down the guys returned. They brought me some cookies from the cafe across the street even though I'm not supposed to have them. While they were here I actually got time to converse with Tony and get to know him. He's a really nice guy and I'm glad that him and my mom are together. He's really good for her. I haven't seen her this giddy and ebullient......ever. I'm thankful for my conversation with my mom though because she helped open my eyes to a lot. Things that I hadn't discerned before or that I just hadn't looked into. I've realized that David is not good for me. It's time to let him go. It's sad because even though I know this, I still don't want to. I know I need to but things are easier said then done.

"Okay Mrs. Miller it's time for your medication." A nurse tells me as she enters my room. "How are you feeling today?" she questions handing me the medication and some water.

"Honestly, I am in some very intense pain." I tell her wincing while taking my medication. When people are around I paint on this smile pretending to be fine so that they won't worry about me. But in reality I'm in excruciating pain; internally and externally. "This medication doesn't seem to be helping much anymore."

"Okay, well how about I give you this for now and then I will go talk to Dr. Whitfield about changing your prescription?" she asks while handing me some water. I nod agreeing as I take my medicine. After she changes my dressings and jots down some notes she leaves. Finally I'm able to rest a little better for now.

*

*

*

A few months later...

I'm finally out of the hospital and I'm recovering surprisingly well. My mom convinced- well made me come live with her for a while so she can watch over me and make sure I heal properly. At least until I get strong enough to do everything on my own again, but I know she's going to want me to stay longer. Little does she know, I have other intentions.

As I lay in my old room at my mom's house I feel myself staring off into space. Honestly I'm getting tired of sitting in this room. I'm tired of sitting period. If I have to sit around one more day I swear I'm going to scream. I decide to take matters into my own hands and get myself up and move around. My mom is going to kill me.

I make my way down the stairs slowly. It's take me a while to get completely down but once I do I feel a sense of accomplishment. I take a second to catch my breath and prepare myself to continue. After a moment I make my way into the kitchen. It's very quiet in here so hopefully no one is here and I won't have to hear my mother's mouth.

"Gloria, what hell you doin'?!" I jump from hearing my mom shout from behind me. I guess my luck has yet to get better.

"Ma I'm hungry and I didn't think anyone was here so I came to get it myself." I half way tell the truth.

"Gloria did you forget that I carried you in my uterus for 9 months and pushed you out of my vagina after 14 hours and 27 minutes of labor?" She ask with her hand on her hip and that face that I know all too well. That face that says 'uh huh lil' girl you ain't slick'.

"Eww, no ma I didn't forget. Unfortunately, you have a habit of reminding me." I tell her with my face scrunched with an evident look of disgust.

"And ima keep reminding you until y'all stop trying to lie to me." She says with a chuckle. I can't help but to laugh myself.

"Okay ma, honestly I got tired of sitting up there in that room. If I have to stare at those cluttered, adolescent 'prepped' walls for one more day I swear I'm going to go nuts ma." I tell her slowly taking a seat at the table.