I can't believe the girl who is afraid of love, is falling for it.

All my life I've lived in the suburbs of Athens, Georgia. It's a small town but with a whole bunch of history. It also has a ton of music that no one else in the world has ever heard of, and probably never will. At these "nobody" band concert is where I spend most of my free time. Let's just say that almost every band in Athens has sold at least one CD to a 16-year-old girl. Athens is somewhere that I love to be; it's my hangout, my school, my home. There is nowhere else that I can even think about living. My life revolves around four things: family, friends, school, and music. But this summer that list changes from four to five.  

My entire life I've only been afraid of one main thing, falling in love. I know that sounds really stupid and everything but how do you know when it's happening? And when it does happen, will you like it. I've tried to get my dad to tell me how he knew that he was in love but all he has ever said is, 'I just knew honey'. So if it's something that you just know then how can it be so special? I mean to me something that you "just know" is called common sense. So is it common sense to know that you're in love? It's so confusing. How do you know that you'll like falling in love? To me it sounds like you're tied down to one person, and no matter what, you will always love them because you can't feel anything else. I want to feel something else, but will I? That's what scares me the most. 

All right so it's the summer before my junior year of high school. So while I am TOTALLY psyched, I am totally freaked. At least I have my friends to help me through it. My name is Sydney and I have about the most wonderful friends that a girl can ask for. I have two groups of friends, the neighbors, and the BEST friends. The neighbors are Andrew, Collin, and Kristen. Kristen is most of the time too full of herself to actually hang out with the rest of us but we don't really care. My BEST friends are Mariana, Alana, Emma, and Naomi. Alana lives in my neighborhood too it's just that she HAS to be in my BEST friends group because she's practically my sister. I have known Mariana since kindergarten and Emma since 7th grade, but we all five became practically sisters in the eight grade. Alana is the girl that doesn't care what ANYONE thinks of her and she is hilarious. Emma is ALWAYS hyper and loves life way too much to care what anyone thinks of her either. Naomi is funny, smart, and an amazing dancer. Mariana is pretty much stuck in her own world half the time but that's why we all love her. My family is WAY to huge to describe now, so I'll just give you descriptions when the time comes. Since I've introduced you to everyone I guess it's time to start telling you about the thing that changed my life. 

It's the 10th day in a row that I have done the exact same thing. Which is funny because today is the 10th day of summer. Would you like to know what I've been doing? I've gotten up around 10 o'clock each day, ate breakfast, watched two Disney movies, ate lunch, watched ABC family for 3 hours, read a book for 2 hours, stare at the wall for 1 hour, eat dinner, take shower, go to bed. Yea, fun stuff man. I bet that you're wondering where all of my best friends are. Well today is June 20th and all four of them are in camp. All of my neighborhood friends are on vacation. But in all this mess there's good news! Andrew and Collin get back from vacation tomorrow, and Emma, Naomi, Alana, and Mariana get back from camp next week. All I have to do is survive one more day.  

Knock Knock Knock 

"I got it!" I answer the door and look who's standing there. My two saviors! Andrew and Collin got back from vacation and they're at my door to get me to come hang out. I forgot to describe Andrew and Collin before so I'll give you a mental image. Andrew is tall, Italian; perfectly tan skin, dark hair, dark eyes, on swim team, muscular, and completely and totally gorgeous! Yeah as you can tell I have a major crush on him. I have ever since I moved from my mom's house to my dad's house last summer. Collin is shorter with black hair and he's practically my little brother. So as I walk out the door I see Kristen next door on her front porch with her cell phone glued to her ear.