Chapter 16: Aaida

"Glad you're back."
Kain looked at Aaida as she approached the co-pilot's seat again. She sighed as she sat, looking at the blue rays that passed their view as the ship traveled through hyperspace.
"Yeah... I am..." She looked down, thinking for a moment. The enemies had families... but so did her allies. They had families, they had friends. And none of them want to be oppressed by the Empire. That was what made all of the fighting worth it. That was what gave them reason.
"We're approaching now... do you have a plan of what you're going to do?" Kain looked at her. Aaida was quiet for a moment before she looked at him.
"A great man once said, 'Sometimes the best plans are the ones made in the heat of the moment.'"
Kain chuckled, looking back at the viewport as the ship got ready for its return to normal space.
"Neive always had that about him, I suppose. Ran in headfirst, saw the situation, and figured things out from there."
Aaida looked at Kain a moment, confused.
"Kain... you know Neive?"
Kain looked at her, smiling.
"It's been a while... but I did fight with him for a bit."
The YT exited hyperspace, approaching the atmosphere of Moraband, Aaida anxious about what she would find when they reached Neive.
"They said something about Neive's old master... perhaps he's at the Sith temple?"
Kain shuddered a bit, hearing her say that. But nonetheless, he flew through the valley, passing 2 Jedi vessels and an imperial shuttle...
"He's here... he has to be."
Aaida stood and walked towards the ramp.
"Drop me in the temple and then you can go... if I succeed, Neive has a ship. And if I fail... I won't be needing a ride out." Aaida looked down, now back in her usual Alliance armor. The loading ramp dropped, Kain looking away as Aaida stepped off, landing quickly on the side of the temple, above the observation room.
"Kain... thank you."
Kain looked back at her, his yellow eyes gleaming.
"Just get back safe... and bring him back with you." Kain said before leaving, the loading ramp closing. Aaida sighed and looked down at the floor of the observation floor below her, not sure if she was ready to see Neive's face again... or if he was able to truly see her again.
She dropped down to the floor of the observation deck, looking over at the scene before her...
and she was left speechless.