Chapter 4: Aaida

Kamino- imperial decommissioned cloning facilities

The ship that Aaida had joined Kain aboard approached the atmosphere of Kamino, Kain getting things ready to set down.

"Unidentified Aircraft, this is Kamino facility 87B, requesting transmission of imperial security codes immediately."

Kain nodded and switched a small lever over above his head, transmitting to the facility as he entered the atmosphere. Aaida, now dressed in the stormtrooper armor that was given to her, sat in the co-pilot's seat, her helmet resting on her knee as she looked over the clouds and oceans as best she could through the constant rain.

"Unidentified aircraft, you are cleared for landing. We will have a security detail awaiting you upon arrival."

Aida thought for a second as Kain flew down, finally leveling out a few feet above the water. He activated the ship's cloaking device, not enough to completely render them physically invisible, but taking them off imperial radars.

"Now, let's get to where we really need to go." Kain said.

With that, the ship turned towards a different facility, racing towards it before the imperials looking at the radar had a chance to send any ships to locate them. They quickly soared, still low to the waterline, towards a facility that wasn't shown on the original GA intelligence maps.

"Alright, there's an E-11 waiting for you near the ship's exit. I'll stay here, you get in this place and figure out what's happening."

Aaida nodded and donned the Stormtrooper helmet that she had been given, standing and walking to the back of the ship as it slowly ascended, before landing on an empty pad, between two TIE bombers.

The door opened and Aaida grabbed the E-11 before walking down the ship's ramp and walking towards the entrance of the facility, not sure what she was expecting. If anything, she at least hoped to find out what had happened to Neive, and possibly... where he was now.

She entered the building and walked with her blaster aimed at the ground beside her, copying what she had seen other troopers doing in the past. She walked through the hallways for a moment, looking over the interior but seeing nothing of interest. And besides a few other lone troopers, she saw no heavy security or significant figures.

She soon found a large door, a keypad beside the door. Aida looked at the keypad, thinking for a minute before walking to the other side of the door, and waiting. She needed to get into the room, but she didn't know the code. Thinking, she saw a camera looking at the door.

Moving quickly, Aaida walked away and followed the cable that ran down the obtuse corner of the room, following it straight to the security room. The door was unlocked, but inside was a security trooper watching the video feed.

Aaida slowly crouched down, approaching him as the door shut. She quickly jumped to the side as the trooper looked at the door a moment, before looking back at the screens. Taking her opportunity, she quickly wrapped her arm around the trooper's throat, pulling him back from the screens and waiting for him to finally go limp before going through the video feed to the door.

A few hours ago, an officer had come to the door and entered the password... but what did he input, she wondered? Looking closely, she could just make out the reflection of the keypad on the white walls of the facility.

"4... 8... 3... 2..." Aaida spoke slowly as she observed the keypad. Nodding and turning the feed off for that camera, she looked back at the unconscious security guard. She pulled him back and onto a bench in the back of the room, positioning him to look like he was asleep.

Returning to the door, Aaida looked around before entering the password to the door.

"4, 8, 3, 2" she thought as she entered.

The door remained closed.

Frantic, she thought as to why it wouldn't work. Did it cycle through every certain amount of time? Did someone change it? She didn't know.

"Trooper!"

Aaida immediately stood at attention and faced the man who addressed her. in front of her, a taller man, black imperial armor on, with a dark grey cape flowing behind him.

"I thought I told captain Dalek to have the escort wait until i arrive to enter the chambers..."

2 stormtroopers behind him looked at her, their guns at their sides as they usually held them while marching.

"Well... if you're here, fine. Come with me." The man stated, putting in the password.

6, 8, 1, 2.

She had forgotten that the reflection of the wall effected the keypad too...

The man passed by her, the stormtroopers gesturing for her to follow.

The room they entered was lined with computers, one of them in the far wall of the room in front of 3 large panes of glass, covered by metal right behind them to conceal what was hidden behind.

"How are the experiments on the force users coming along?" The man asked, "I need another apprentice." He spoke, the computer activating.

what she saw next horrified her...

Experiments on the mind. manipulation of the hippocampus, which left the subjects susceptible to influence... Though it said a few experiments didn't work completely because the subjects... were Force Sensitive.

Aaida's blaster fell to the floor. The empire had... They wiped memories of POW's and convinced them to become Imperial soldiers, officers... and in one case, an Inquisitor.

one of the stormtroopers looked back at her for a second.

"Hey. you alright?" He waved his hand in front of her face, bringing her back to reality. Flustered, she responded.

"Y-Yeah, sorry. I've just... never been in this area before." She grabbed her blaster.

"During the briefing, I didn't realize it was so... extensive." She made up the story as she went, speaking without even thinking about it.

"Yeah... it's a pretty shocking thing. Being able to turn them against themselves. Though, we noticed that certain familiarity negated the effects of the manipulations, that means so far we haven't been able to make any infiltrators. Only more soldiers." The trooper said.

"And if our next experience with force users shows as much promise as our first, we could be able to add more inquisitors to our ranks... More of my own to train, and make into true warriors." The man at the computer said.

So that was their play... They were wiping memories of Force sensitives, making more inquisitors...

"Your first experience..." Aaida spoke without realizing. She had a bad feeling already...

"indeed. A former Sith, turned into an inquisitor to be reckoned with... his pure, unmitigated power... it peaked the charts. And I had the privilege to train him." Obviously, Aaida thought... this man was some sort of High Inquisitor. But his apprentice...

"I believe I may have worked with him before... what was his name?" Aaida asked.

The inquisitor looked back, smiling.

"His name is..."