Nine

"So I made the a deal last night." Rumpelstiltskin announced as soon as my eyes opened. I rolled over to look at him, raising an eyebrow. "All right." I waited for him to get to his point. He ran his fingers through my hair. "Some silly girl wanted to go to a ball. There she met her prince." He grinned.

I nodded, knowing there was more. "I have an idea as to what I would like. I would like your thoughts on it though." He continued, confusing me. He never asked for my thoughts on what he would get out of the deal. I waited, knowing he would tell me.

"I think her first born would be suitable." He studied me for my reaction. A smile broke out onto my face. "A child. For us?" I questioned softly. "Yes my dear Winnie. A child." Rumpelstiltskin confirmed, just as softly.

A baby.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

We cleaned out a room in the castle, one close to ours. He left me to decorate it. I painted it in a soft yellow, white bookshelves lining the walls. They were filled with books of all kinds. Toys were bought.

A small white bassinet stood in the middle. A mobile made of crystal stars hung above it. I loved every aspect. Everything I picked out. Everything but a stuffed white bear. Rumpelstiltskin picked it out. He had it hand made, I'm positive.

"Everything's perfect."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"The girl has asked to meet me." Rumpelstiltskin stated, watching me start on a mural in the baby room. "Be safe, my love." I smiled at him, green paint smudged on my cheek. "Always am dear." He gave a grin and set off.

After a few hours the basics of a forest was painted on the wall. I washed up and went to start on supper. He should have been back by now. I shrugged it off. He knew what he was doing.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I quirked an eyebrow at him, looking at him in the jail cell. "Oh leave me be, Winnie." Rumpelstiltskin kept his tone light. "Tilt. What did you do?" I asked, my hands on the bars. He came up to me and touched my cheek.

"I'm sorry darling. I got carried away, excited." He whispered, not looking me in the eyes. I patiently waited for him to continue. "She lied. She said she was having twins. Offered up both to me. I didn't stop to think. Not really." Rumpelstiltskin said, his eyes sad. "Oh, my love. I can free you if you like." I smiled softly, knowing he only got into this mess because of our strong desire.

"No need darling. I feel the curse coming. I'll stay here. You should leave though. Prepare yourself. Besides. There will be new possibilities in this new land." Rumpelstiltskin grinned, shooing me away. I gave a light laugh and nodded. "Call for me if you need me my love." I reminded him.

"Always do."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I knew he said he felt the curse coming, but I knew it could be months before it actually came. He wanted me to get ready, and it could take a while to be ready. I also knew he had a plan. That man always has a plan.

I ran my hand along the bassinet. I knew we would get out child eventually. Hopefully in this new land he speaks of. My heart still hurt though. Here, his magic burnt to hot through his body for us to have our own. This new place isn't suppose to have magic.

I held the stuffed bear close, the one Rumpelstiltskin had acquired in preparation for the child. He always had a plan and I had enough trust in him to follow blindly. I put the bear back and started to prepare the castle for the upcoming curse.

He asked me to set up safety spells and protection spells. I did as he requested and started on the potion he asked. One he asked me to take when the curse was coming. A potion that was meant to keep me safe. I didn't think it would do much good, but I did as he asked. It would take a week to complete. I followed his instructions step by step though, as I always did.

New possibilities and chances were coming.