Part 3

A/N- So like not rly sure where I'm going with this book but I hope it makes sense. I already deleted half of it before rewriting it to go along with the first part. Hope ya enjoy 👍🏻
The next day at work
Ellie's POV
"Grab your gear," Gibbs said, walking into the bullpen. "Can I come to the crime scene?" I asked. He nodded. I grabbed my gear and jumped into the elevator with the rest of the team.
We got to the scene quickly, all of us getting out of the car to be met by Ducky, who was already examining the body. "What d'ya got, Duck?" Gibbs asked as we walked towards the body. I walked up to the body and immediately felt a wave of nausea come over me. I ran to a bush and threw up. Maybe coming to the crime scene wasn't such a great idea. "Torres, take Bishop back to the office," Gibbs said as I emerged from the bushes.
"Does he know about us?" Nick asked me on the ride to the office. "No, just that I'm pregnant. And I think Tim is gonna get suspicious really soon," I said. He nodded in agreement. "Do you want me to come to your place after work?" He asked. "Yeah, that'd be nice," I said. We got to the office and he dropped me off, heading back for the crime scene. I got a text soon after with the victim's information and I quickly started researching.
"What do we have?" Gibbs asked us a little while after they got back. I grabbed he remote. "Our victim is Lieutenant Jackson Smith, 38 years old. He's from a small town in Ohio and enlisted in the Navy right out of high school. Clean record," I said. "He has a wife and a seven year old son," McGee said. "Torres?" Gibbs asked when Nick didn't start talking. I looked over and noticed him looking at me. "Smith didn't come from a wealthy family and didn't have a large amount of money in his bank account, so I doubt money is a motive for his murder," he said, snapping out of it. "McGee, you and I will go talk to the family. Bishop, see what Kasie has and Torres, go see Ducky," Gibbs ordered. I looked at Nick as the elevator doors closed, leaving only him and I in the bullpen. "We gotta tell them sometime soon," he said. "I know. I need to email the director and make a meeting with him since I'm supposed to talk to him about this," I explained. "I should probably visit Ducky," he said. I nodded and walked towards the elevator with him, and I got off first. "Kasie, whatcha got?" I asked. "The bullets were nine millimeter slugs and I didn't find anything except for the lieutenants blood on him," she said. "Alright, Thanks Kasie," i said, exiting the lab.
I meet Nick back in the bullpen and we exchange findings. "The Lieutenant was shot three times to the chest. There was bruising on his fists, suggesting an altercation before he was killed. And his body was dumped. Ducky's sending the sediment and DNA under his nails to Kasie," Nick explained. Then my phone rang. "Hello?" I said. "Agent Bishop, I found some stuff," Kasie said. Kasie got something," I said to Nick. We both headed to the lab.
"I did DNA analysis of the skin under his fingernails and didn't get a hit. But I did find that the sediment on his clothes and in his nails weren't common and were a rarely sold form of soil. It's only sold at a few locations, those are the adresses," she said, putting the addresses on the screen and sending them to our phones. "Thanks, Kasie," I said for the second time in the last hour.
"Nick, go to those addresses. I'll cross reference the employees to see if they have crosses paths with our Lieutenant," I ordered. "Damn, pregnancy made you bossy," he said quietly enough so that I could barely hear him. I smacked him with the papers I was holding. Nick left and I got to work.
"Where's Torres?" Gibbs asked when he walked in. "Following a lead on some soil," I said. "Okay, what d'ya got?" He asked confused by my statement about dirt. "The Lieutenant was killed by a nine millimeter bullet, three shots to the chest. The DNA found under his fingernails was a dead end, no hits. The soil, however, is a rare type only sold at a few stores nearby. I'm already going through the employee lists to see if I can find a connection," I said. Gibbs nodded and sat down. I went back to my work.
A/N- kinda boring chapter I know, but I'm working on it. It'll go somewhere.