(Rosewater & Lemongrass) Luna / 💙

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon. Classes weren't being held, everyone had a day left before the OWLs and the campus was buzzing with students talking amongst themselves. Y/N was studying like mad trying to jam as much information into her head as possible.

She flipped a page of her potions book, examining all of the text before jotting down what she deemed important. Then she highlighted all the most important ingredients. Lemongrass, Cow's foot, poppyseed-

"Oh if it isn't Looney Lovegood." A voice snapped Y/N back to the present. A group of girls had waltzed into the Ravenclaw common room, settling around a platinum blonde with many strange accessories. Y/N went back to the thick tome, bringing her highlighter out again. Devil's drop, rose water, yam skin...

"What's that in your hand? Your father's crackhead magazine?" The girl's snobby tone brought Y/N out of the book again. Y/N peered discreetly to see what was going on across the room.

"Actually, it's not Dad's. My dad's just an editor for the Quibbler, but it would be quite amazing to see what my father would do for the magazine if he were to-" Luna was abruptly cut
off by the girl.

"Do you think I care, you absolute nutter?All I want to know is why you're the only one reading the Quizzler or whatever in the first place."

Her friends chortled, agreeing and laughing at the magazine in the blonde's hands.

The peculiar girl frowned. "Actually it gets a lot of readers."

The other girl rolled her eyes dramatically, snatching the magazine from her. The blonde gasped and started grabbing for it, but the other girls held her back.

Y/N gaped; what the absolute hell? Did they not see she was there? Or did they not think that she would stand up for something like this. Well, she couldn't stand to see something as awful as this, so she stood up.

"Put the magazine down," Y/N demanded, mustering all the courage she had. The rude girl looked over, and lifted the magazine down. Her hand still stayed gripped on it as if it was her lifeline.

"What? You friends with Looney?" She asked Y/N.

Y/N was a little confused. "Looney? Who's Looney?"

"Oh for Christ's sake, the nutcase over there. Luna Lovegood," The girl ushered to the blonde girl.

"No I don't. But if you don't put her magazine down you'll....you'll be sorry." She faltered her words. Y/N mentally slapped herself.

The girl laughed, shaking her head. "Whatever you say,"

She walked over to the fire, looked Luna in the eyes, and threw the magazine in. Luna's face dropped in defeat and she only looked on with disappointment.

Y/N began to feel angry as the girls began to laugh at Luna; it wasn't right. It wasn't okay at all. Taking out her wand, she pointed it at the burning magazine.

"Oculus Reparo!"

The magazine looked as if it jumped out of the flames, repairing itself to be as good as new. Luna grinned at Y/N, going over and retrieving it from the floor.

"You're pathetic," The girl spat at Luna and Y/N.

"Yeah, you two are freaks." said another girl in the group snidely.

"Well I'd rather be a freak than a bitch. C'mon Luna," Y/N retorted. Luna giggled and followed her out of the common room.

"Thank you," Luna smiled.

"Of course," Y/N replied.

The two looked at eachother for about twenty seconds of silence. Luna began to lean in, followed by Y/N closing the gap.

She tasted of rose water and lemongrass.