"For the last time," Kat sighed, "That was not a prank. I genuinely thought I was pregnant, Alex."

"Okay, well why?" Karmen now asked, "Why did you think you were pregnant? Maybe you and Kris can compare notes."

"Sure, fine, whatever. I uh... I had a lot of cravings, barfed like every other morning, my boobs felt weird-"

"Check, check, check."

"Well then maybe you're about to get your period too," Alex offered.

"No because I missed my period. It was supposed to be here at the beginning of the month and..."

"It's about to be the end of the month," Kat whispered.

Kris nodded, "Plus there's the dizziness, fatigue, I'm super bloated, always need to pee-"

"Did you take a test?"

"I'm too scared."

"Don't be scared!" Kat frowned, "I'll go get you a test. Cmon Alex. Kris, you and Karmen wait here, okay?"

Kris slowly nodded, making Kat and Alex quickly put their jackets on before rushing out.

"Okay. So who's gonna get it?"

"What do you mean?" Alex frowned, "I can't get it! If I'm spotted people will think me and Z-"

"People thinking you and Z are having a baby is a lot less likely. But if I'm seen getting it, it'll be the end of the world for me. I'll be pregnant with Tom's baby no matter how much I deny it."

"Wow," Alex scoffed, "So what? Since you're a hetero couple it'll be more likely for you two to have a baby than me and Z-"

"Alex."

"Fine," Alex rolled her eyes, "I don't get why you volunteered us to get it. Karmen could've gone just fine and wouldn't have had a worry in the world."

"Yeah, I didn't think that through."

With Kat as a lookout, Alex bought three tests in no time and the girls walked back to Kat's home with the nerves finally hitting them.

"Does her being pregnant mean Carter's the baby daddy?"

"Ew. I never thought I'd see the day Carter reproduces," Alex grimaced.

Kat gave her a look, "Be serious for a bit. You still live with her, I don't. I need to know what's been going on with them."

"Fine. Carter and Joey broke up, he was depressed, wanted to spend time with us but you ended up being with Tom so he just stayed in your room while he went through his break-up. One night, Karmen and I were out and they were alone and drank and bam- they slept together."

"That is so random to me," Kat grimaced now, "I still remember catching them and thinking it was so weird. I couldn't believe it."

"Yeah, well. Believe it. They did sleep together a bunch of times."

"Are they still doing it now?"

"I don't think so. Last we saw of Carter he was leaving to meet up with Joey- she wanted to talk the possibility of reconciliation."

"Fuck. That must've destroyed Kris."

"She swore it didn't," Alex shrugged, "But she has been looking a little down ever since... still! This possible baby is probably the only thing on her mind. She probably doesn't even care about Carter."

"If this baby is his, she should definitely care. She has to tell him."

"She doesn't have to do anything. Not everyone's excited to start a family with the guy they're sleeping with. Not everyone's you and Tom."

"Whatever," Kat frowned, "God. I really miss him."

"There are bigger fish to fry than you missing your boy, Kat."

Kat only glared at Alex when they finally got back to her home.

They practically shoved Kris into the bathroom immediately, the girls waiting outside anxiously.

When she finally opened the door after using the toilet, Kris was pacing.

"Someone talk."

"About what?"

"About anything!"

"Kay. Talk about Tom."

"Um... okay? I miss him a lot."

"Really?" Alex frowned, "That's all you got?"

"Fine. I... I feel silly how much I miss him. Like- you guys were right. I'm so dependent on him. When he was here, we'd spend every minute together and now that he's not, I'm counting down the hours for him to get back. I'm scared."

"Why are you scared?" Kris smiled softly, "You're just in love."

"That's why I'm scared."

"I don't get it. You've always wanted this- your one true love, and now that you got it you're scared?"

"Wh-what happens when we both have to go to work? Or if he gets tired of me faster because we live together?"

"You sound ridiculous," Karmen chuckled.

But Kat shook her head, "Being alone in this house has me thinking a lot."

"You see? This is why I didn't want you moving out. With Tom's constant traveling, you're going to be home alone from time to time and you being alone does you no good."

"She'll learn eventually. And besides Kat, at least you might not possibly be growing a baby inside of you," Alex chuckled, only to frown when all eyes were on her and Karmen slapped her arm, "Sorry. Can we check already though?"

Just then the timer Kris set up went off, making her take a deep breath, instantly reaching out to hold Kat's hand.

"This is it. Moment of truth.

ONE CHAPTER LEFT