Slowly starving

I had no idea how long it had been. Not since I went missing, but since I'd eaten. I wasn't fed, and it was taking its toll.
   I was lighter. I knew that just by how heavy the chains were getting. My ribs were starting to show. He always had to tighten the chains. And I haven't stopped coughing up blood yet.
   In the time I'd been here, he'd injected me five times. Five unbearably painful injections, and all he did was laugh. Laugh at my pain, at the feeble attempts to break free. Laugh at my tears and screams.
   Today was the last injection, and I still didn't know what he was going to do to me. I needed the team, but it seems like they've forgotten me.
   When I woke up after the fifth injection, I was covered in sweat. The sun was in my eye, so I was blinded. My neck now has a bruise from where he injected me multiple times.
   I no longer try to break free. I know I'm trapped.  It's hopeless for me. My powers are blocked, and I can't contact anyone to let them know where I am.
   Today, the smell of food is stronger than it ever was. My stomach growled, and pain slowly worked it's way in. I needed food, or I would die. Is this how he treats all his prisoners?
   When he walked over with that accursed syringe, I layed still. I didn't have a choice. He was going to make me his lab rat, no matter what I did. As he knelt down, I heard the sound of windows shattering. I didn't see any, so it was behind me. The man panicked, and injected in into my neck.
   I screwed my eyes shut. The pain was all I needed to focus on. Someone ran over and started cutting the chains.
   I opened my eyes to slits. Miss Martian was telepathically cutting the chains. Once she was done, she moved my head to her lap. I was still on my right side.
   When the pain came, I was finally able to move, and was slightly ready for it. I curled up, because now majority of the pain was in my legs and stomach, and it helped being curled up.
   Miss Martian looked on in sadness. She had finally found me, only to see me in pain. She felt like she couldn't do anything.
   Slowly, the fighting stopped, and a small crowd gathered around me. The team. A small little cat nosed it's way into my arms. It was Beast Boy, trying to help in any way he could.
   I blacked out before anything else happened. I don't remember a lot about the trip to the mountian, only the sound of a heart monitor beeping in time with mine. I woke up once, to see Beast Boy still curled up in my arms.
   When I woke up, I was in the Mount Justice medbay. Once again, the heart monitor and Beast Boy were still there, but there was something else. A great, big Bat.