※ Chapter 4: Escaping ※

I slightly open my eyes from being knocked out by a tree. I know that a beast from this devilish forest has taken me into its cave. I look around to see if the beast is here, it is. I believe it is the Methuselah that has taken me. 

               It is chomping away at a dead piece of meat. I try to find anything that will help me get out of here. Its hard to look when you haven't eaten in so long. The last thing I ate was sickly sweet berries.  

             All I see is bones of the previous victims it has taken. On the other side of the cave there is a stash of weapons and armour probably from the people he has killed. It is reassuring  to know that other humans have been in the wretched forest.

            I try to crawl my way to the other side of the room without making much noise. My biggest fear right now is if I crack one of the hundreds of skulls that are lying around. I manage to make it to the other side of the room. 

            I pick up the first sword I see in the pile of them. I recognise this type of blade from some of the people in my village, they are called a Katana and they are very sharp. 

             I take the sword and hold the hilt with all my strength. I stand up and charge straight for the Methuselah, cracking many bones on my way there. 

"Tha mi ag iarraidh giùlan fhèin!", said Walcott.

                 It means I am going to kill you in Gaelic, the language that some of us use in my village. the beast turned its head around and looked at me. It dropped its food and charged toward me. He is going to use his claw to attack me, I duck and slice his stomach. 

                I run straight out of the wretched cave that which I was held in. I still have the Katana in hand, holding on to it tightly. I am lost in this forest, not knowing where I am in it. I run straight forward not stopping, not stopping for anything in this horrid forest.