Chapter One

(PSA: Dean will act a little OOC in this story, partly because he's a Little in it. Also, Aricka becomes his, "Momma," and it is a non-sexual ageplay story. Also, Aricka calls him a variety of nicknames, but "baby" becomes the most prominent one she calls him, as it calms Dean down.)

Dean had done it again.

This was the fourth time this week that Aricka had noticed her brother being on the edge of either:

A.) A temper tantrum

B.) Just falling apart crying at random times.

or 

C.)  a full out panic attack.

This was common with kids and Littles she'd worked with-particularly new Littles who still thought they were freaks.

If Dean actually was a Little, she'd have been able to convince him he's okay, that he's not a freak, or that everything was fine.

But Dean was not a Little-or so he claimed-and she could not comfort him other than hugging him and running her fingers through his hair-she'd discovered that grounding tactic after a particularly bad hunt last week. He liked it then, and he still likes it now. And right at that moment, he was doing Option B.

"It's okay, De," she was saying. "Breathe." Luckily, Dean was only a few inches taller than her-she was 5'4-and that made hugging/cuddling/whatever you call it a lot easier. (Yes, I realize Dean/Jensen Ackles is a lot taller, but for this story, he needs to be short.)

(They're cuddling like that on Dean's bed in the bunker

(They're cuddling like that on Dean's bed in the bunker.)

"I couldn't save them," he finally was able to gasp out. Aricka winched; this again?

"De, it happens. It's not your fault. Shh," she whispers when the tears start again. "Sweetie, you need to calm down, you'll make yourself sick." but it was too late-the tears were coming harder and his breathing was more errant. "Shh, you'll wake Sammy, and then he'll get Cas. You don't want that, do you baby?" she asks, then freezes when she realizes what she calls him.

But it worked. Dean's breathing eased, and she again wiped away his tears. "N-no," he answers,and yawns. 

"Ready to sleep now?" she asks, a part of her relieved when he nods. "Want me to sing to you?" another nod.

"The meadow song?" is all he needs to ask, and she begins. (Since "Hey Jude," is a special Mary/Dean song, I'm giving Dean/Aricka their own special song.)

"Deep in the meadow

Under the willow
A bed of grass
A soft green pillow

  Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes
And when again they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.

  Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you..
.." by the time she finished the second to last verse, Dean's eyes were closed, her Mickey Mouse shirt in his grip. Aricka smiles, and kisses her brother's forehead, and finishes,

"Here is the place where I love you."