chapter 24

Ashtrid pov
The guards outside were easy. Now its the people piled inside. "Uncle j... Call the others. I want them at the house when we get back. There are to many people here for my liking." I say into the comm. After a reply from him I tune out. "They're gangs..." hank says. "Ones I just happen to be allies with. At least 2 of them." I say with a sly smile. "Time to make it rain." I whisper pulling out my phone. I dial a number and watch through a window as he picks up. "Hello?" he says through the phone. "Mr. Hastings. How are you today?" I say sickly sweet watching his every move.
His whole body goes tense. "My.." he starts. "Do not finish that sentence." I hiss. "What exactly are you doing in that warehouse?" I ask trying to hid my anger. "W-what?" he mumbles. "Answer." I growl. I watch him physically gulp. "A girl called about a-a gang leader. S-said who ever pays most gets to kill him." he stutters. "Ask to see him. Do not move from your spot." I hiss. He muffles the speaker before calling out into the crowd. "I want to see the gangleader. I demand to know what im paying for!" he puts the phone back to his ear. Slowly I see Blake and axel appear. "Good. " I say. Maybe I won't have to kill him. "No if you value your life. I would get your men and yourself out before something bad happens." he nods fast before hanging up and grabbing his men roughly practically running away. I send a text to the other ally inside telling him to leave the warehouse. Except he doesn't. "She's here!" I see his lips move. "Shouldn't have done that... Now your dead." I send him. He pales and trays to run. But my bullet fly's through the air hitting no one but its mark. Right between the eyes. Slowly I stalk forward. Duffle bag over my shoulder. "If you value your life i would leave." I order. Several flinch. "Who do you think you are?" a man says as I watch August throw Blake and axel down the stairs into the basement. "I am known as Queen... Queen of the mafia." I announce. Everyone takes a step back. I watch everyone not getting paid leave out my peripherals. Keeping my glare directly on August. "Seems you did come for him. Though I thought it would be much sooner." she taunts. "Well I had some business to take care of before dealing with a low life like yourself." I taunt back. "I mean what does a military brat.. Im sorry I meant EX military brat need with my direct attention." her eyes go hard. "I mean seriously all this because axel saw you dad on the wrong side of the law and reported it in 5th grade." I say a sly grin on my face. "He should have kept his mouth shut! My father is now known for his dishonor! Not for being the hero he is!" she yells. I let out a sick and evil laugh. "Yes because raping a kid younger than you were is being a hero." I say. Then it clicks. "Wait... I now understand." everyone but her show confusion. "You are mad not because axel told... But because your father got put away... And no longer wanted to touch you. You're also mad that he was touching others and you realized you weren't special to him." I say finally getting it together. She fires a round into my shoulder. The force moves my shoulder but otherwise i don't move. "You are mad at axel... Because he opened your eyes." another shot fires but misses. "Your father was raping you and you liked it." I say in disbelief. She fires again grazing me and I now notice I've been shot. A full out war starts and im with the guns fighting off the hired men.
Lucky for us no serious injuries. But also not lucky because August is gone. Its been 10 minutes and we have the hired down. Either dead or bleeding out. Either way... Unable to fight.
I run downstairs into the basement with my duffle before the next wave of guys come through. No one is here. "She took them!" I yell in completely and utter rage. I take the stairs 2 at a time and as soon as I clear them im running behind the dead hired. I run into a older looking part of the warehouse as I hear gunshots coming from the way I just ran. I turn around as jareds voice rings through the comm. "Go get them! We got this." he says. "Back up is on the way. Tell my brothers ill begin to set up the hospital rooms." uncle j says. Ok they're coming. I turn back and creep through the warehouse. "Keep moving!" I hear August's disgusting voice come from ahead.
Axels pov
"Keep moving!" August yells pushing us forward. "You do know ash is going to kill you right?" Blake asks her. Did he really just ask her that while she has a gun to our head. "Look August I know I hurt you when I put Mr. Timbers.." I don't get to finish as Blake inturupts me. "Jacobs." what? August's eyes go wide. He sees the confused look I have and continues. "Its Jacobs not timbers." "how do you know that?" August asks him. "Because I've been watching you." another look of confusion from me. "I've known something was up since the mall." he tells her with a deadpan look. The mall? The last time we went to the mall was... Months ago... The day before she showed up at school. "What do you mean you were watching me?" she grits. Instead of answering her he turns to me. "The secret mission ash an I were doing... We were watching her. The entire time at the mall she followed us. Actually she had followed us to the mall then around the mall. Ash had noticed and decided to figure out who she was watching. And from how hard she was following you could easily tell she's been studying the person for years. So ash went around and kissed everyone's cheeks. Because you will eventually catch feeling for someone after so long even if they aren't real." he explains. "She only reacted when ash kissed you. Which only pissed off ash." "that's why she was mad. She wasnt jealous." I say. "Well maybe a little jealous.. But then the next day when she showed up at school. Ash an I both knew something was wrong. She had hacked into the school computer to match yours and her schedule. Followed you through the halls. Followed ash to the bathroom. And even stayed 3 cars behind you at all times. Ash and I decided not to leave you alone so I made a point to go with you everywhere. At lunch im guessing ash heard something this bimbo said and that's why she paled. As we were getting shoved into the suv I noticed Jake and hank being shoved into the trunk of our car. Now if I know ash as well as I hope I do. She probably called us shortly after she got home. She would have packed every weapon she could, found hank and Jake and got them out the trunk. Sadly I know our friends well. Ash would have wanted to run in head first the moment she found out we were in bimbos hands, but hank and Jake would have annoyed her to death about a plan. Which is more than likely the reason it took her so long to get to us." he stops. "Now you know the whole story what do you got to say... I mean you are the star here." he says a little more joyful. What's that about. "Enough!" August yells. She shoots Blake in the leg and he lets out a painfilled groan and falls to ground.
"On your knees." August grits. Slowly I start to comply. But I don't get one knee on the ground before another voice joins in. "Only for his queen." I snap my head in her direction.
Slowly ash comes into view. She's wearing ripped jeans with daggers on her inner thighs, a black tan top, a leather jacket and combat boots. I just barely recognize then pistols hidden in her bra and she is holding her grandfathers golden gun in her heads. "Damn your hot." I say without thinking. "Oh I know it." she smirks.