[ 38 ]

"I'm going to puke."

"Babe, relax," It was the hundredth time Narco had said the exact words.

Lewis paced around the living room, hands clasped tightly behind his back, muttering nonsensical words. Daniel and Jack would come to take the two to the library where Lewis was supposed to be signing his books.

Narco sighed, getting up from his spot on the couch. He brought his hands in front of Lewis' chest, making the man shoot a hot glare.

"Relax," Narco softly muttered. He leaned down and looked at Lewis. His eyes were full of panic and fear. Narco slowly brought his lips close and burned the gap between their lips. Lewis sighed and melted into warm hands. There was comfort in the familiar way his lips moved, the warm scent of cologne wrapping around him.

He was slow and patient, holding Lewis till stiff muscles relaxed.

"Thanks," Lewis muttered, leaning away and controlling his breaths.

Narco hummed in response, combing his hands through the black locks. He could feel the rapid beats slowing down, and he internally smiled.

"Pa, can I come too?" Her expectant look morphed into thinly veiled disgust at the two adults.

"And who's going to school, Flower? I'm sorry, but you can't come." Lewis sympathetically smiled at Rose. She pouted, frowning.

"Please???" She whined, clutching her father's hand and giving puppy-eyes.

Narco stifled his snort of amusement when Lewis looked at him. He merely shrugged, barely containing his laughter when he could see her pleading working. "I'm sure it'll be fine,"

"N— Sure," The man reluctantly said, tone very much wary.

Rose beamed, and jumped at Narco who caught her easily. She smothered the tan man's cheek with kisses, squealing a muffled 'thank you'. He put her down when she asked. His eyes sought out Lewis, and they saw a quiet smile and warm eyes. Their eyes met and diverted just as quickly, light pink dusting their skin.

The doorbell rang through the house.

Lewis shrugged and went to open the door.

"Have you?" Daniel asked as soon as the door opened.

"Obviously," Lewis sighed as he let the two in.

Rose looked at the newcomers with curious eyes. It turned electric when she saw the familiar blond hair.

"Danny!" She squealed, running across the room to hug Daniel.

"Well, hello there!" Daniel chirped, attacked with kisses and an energetic hug.

"Who this?" Rose asked, turning to stare at the tall man standing behind him.

"He's Jack Embers, my boyfriend, and Narco's bestie." Daniel smiled,and stood up. He could feel the redness radiating off Jack.

"Hi," Jack warily said, reaching out a hand to Rose.

She hesitated, looking back at her father who gave a smiling nod, and shook it. "Hello, Danny's boyfriend,"

Jack quickly made his way towards Narco. "Yeah, about that— Mhm, the blue one—" They quickly dissolved into their own world, words firing off and laughter bouncing through the house.

Daniel glanced at Lewis, eyes concerned. Lewis rolled his eyes, waving off the mandatory 'Are you alright?'. He didn't understand why everybody treated him like thin glass that'd shatter at the slightest of pressure.

"Lets go, boys and girls!" Daniel loudly announced as he opened the door, and led the group towards the car.

Rose was befriending Jack, and arguing with Lewis about not getting the book first (fueled by a much amused Narco, gloating about being the first person, and receiving glares). The bickering did help Lewis forget about the upcoming disaster and his nausea.