Ninth

Barry's POV

It has been 2 months since Caitlin told me the truth and ever since that day, I've been recovering my friendship with Cisco and her but when it comes to Caitlin, it's awkward due to the fact that we've slept together. So every time we talk it's only about work and metahumans but after that, everything is awkward. Sometimes, when we are alone one of us will leave the room just to avoid the other. I think we are just scared to talk about us and I just broke up with Iris so she thought that I haven't been able to move on but the truth is, I've moved on from Iris . Speaking of Iris, we are still good friends and she has a boyfriend, Mike. I've actually met him and he's a great guy I'm so happy that Iris met her true love. I just wish that I can tell Caitlin that I love her.

When I arrived at the cortex, the lights were turned off so maybe no one is here but when I'm about to run, I saw a shadowy figure coming from the Med Bay. I walk closer to the Med Bay and I just saw Caitlin, typing from her computer. I sighed thinking it was another metahuman. I leaned into the door frame, crossing my arms and I cleared my throat announcing my presence. She turned around and I think my heart stopped just looking at her. Why haven't I seen this beauty before? Especially how hair flips when she turned around and her face is so angelic, I think I just went to heaven. I really wish I can tell her how much I love her someday.

"BARRY!!" I was removed from my thoughts when I heard Caitlin calling my name.

"What? I'm sorry, I was just y-y-you kn-know--"

"I've been calling your name for the hundredth time, what's going on? Are you okay?"

"Uhmmm, yeah yeah I'm okay, just distracted" I put my hand behind my neck. She just nodded, I was supposed to say something but she beat me to it

"Cisco is not here if you're looking for him."

"No not really, I'm not looking for him." She gave me the 'are you sure?' look. Dang, she knows me too well

"Well, yeah but since he's not here I think we should talk"

"What's there to talk to about, Bartholomew?" she gave me a playful look and oh my, that was cute and kinda hot. I gave her the 'For Real?' look. She knows that I hate someone calling my full name even her and Cisco. I just chuckled

"Oh come on Cait, you know what I'm taking about." She sighed because she thought that she could escape this time but no I still remember everything that has happened

"Fine, Barry let's talk"

"Ok ok great. First of all I'm sorry for what happened because I was drunk and I did not think clearly so I'm sorry that everything is awkward." I sat on the chair beside her

"No Barry, I'm the one who supposed to be sorry because of my past feeling for Savitar plus my drunkenness, that thing happened so I'm very sorry."

"Ok so apparently we are sorry for each other. But I want to build up our friendship again due to the things that had happened. But I don't think that's the only reason we slept with each other."

"And what's the reason?" Well, here goes nothing

"I think we also have feelings for each other. I really like you Cait and I just don't kiss girls because I'm drunk, I kiss someone because I have feelings for that certain someone and you are that certain someone. I understand that you may not feel the same for me but I want to tell you that."

It was all silence after that and she didn't say a single word. I was starting to worry, she might reject me. Oh my guy, what I've done?! But after a moment of silence, she finally spoke up

"Wow, I'm sorry I was just shocked that you also have feelings for me. I thought you didn't like me at all and I was just so surprised that you also feel the same way." She smiled at me. Oh my guy!!! She confessed!! I can't believe it. I hugged her so tightly and she also did the same. When we pulled away, she spoke up

"But on one condition."

"Yeah anything"

"We take things slow. Starting from the very beginning."

"Very beginning, like friendship?"

"Yes, because we need to recover our friendship and you just recover yours with Cisco and I also need to make up my mistakes with you. And maybe along the way, we will tell every secrets to one another and trust each other again. You also just broke up with Iris so I don't want to take advantage of that so we're good?"

"Yes, we're good and yeah you're right we should take things slow because of the tragedies that has happened in our lives so yeah I respect your decision." I smiled

"Thank you, Barr" She hugged me tightly and I gladly returned it. I pulled away and she frowned

"But can't I have a kiss? Just this once please, I'm so tired and--" She cut me off with a kiss and I can't stop smiling. When we're finished, she put her head on my chest and my arms were still around her

"Just this once, Allen. You're so cute that you got a kiss but after this no kisses until the first date and when you're lucky enough after our first date, you might get more than a kiss." She smirked and I blushed really hard.

"All right, all right. I can't wait for our date." I kissed the top of her head and we just snuggled in the Med Bay, enjoying each other's company. I can't stop smiling because I have the love of my life in my arms but I can't say that yet because we're taking things slow but maybe someday, I will tell her how I love her. Someday.....

Word count: 1033