Life and Death

Tsubaki woke up as every other morning. She exited her room to go downstairs and prepare breakfast. She glanced at the clock, it said 10:06. They were now on vacation, but in school days she had to wake up earlier because of that lousy partner of hers, who isn't able to wake up unless someone else does. So Tsubaki's morning routine was waking up at 5:00 and prepare breakfast, then go take a shower (she just can't go to school without taking a shower, it's one of her crazes) change into her normal clothes and do her hair. By the time she was done it was almost six, so it was time for her meister to wake up. When she finished breakfast she found herself lazy to take a shower, so she stayed with her pajama. She put her hair on a messy bun, and entered her friend's room. Of course, he was deep sleeping, and waking him up was not going to be easy.
"BlackStar, wake up..." She tried shaking him a little. He groaned, but refused to open his eyes. She knew exactly what to do.
"C'mon, today may be the day when you surpass god, who knows?" BlackStar opened his eyes and sat up.
"You're right, Tsubaki! A god like me can't waste time sleeping! Let's go!" Before she could say another word, he left the room leaving her and an unmade bed. She sighed and then giggled, starting to make it. When she finished, she entered the kitchen and sat across from her excited partner. Tsubaki observed the way he ate, thinking about a lot of things. She couldn't live without BlackStar, that was for sure. They completed each other. She added that thing on his life that stopped him from losing his temper. She relaxed him. And he added that thing on her life that made her enjoy every second she was alive, and it also made her have more fun and not worry about things that she didn't need to be worried about.
"Thanks for... making my bed." He said; eyes full of embarrassment. He hated when he was disorganized and Tsubaki had to clean up after him. He was just too excited to surpass god that he forgot.
"It's okay; today's a special day anyways." She giggled again. She didn't care about making BlackStar's bed when he forgot, because it was almost every day, but she was kind of confuse because he thanked her. He usually thanked her when she stayed for his speech about how great he was, or when she helped him study, but not for such a little thing like this one. She shook that thought of her head and started thinking about today. Yes, today was a very special day.
After they defeated Asura, Lord Death was full of happiness and joyfulness, but Death City and the academy itself were damaged. Nothing serious, but the DWMA needed some repairs. Lord Death gave all the students a whole month of vacation, he decided it was best for them to get some rest, after they almost die fighting the kishin. They spent almost that entire month with their friends, celebrating and having lots and lots of fun. For Tsubaki it was an eventful month. Now what really matters is that the month is finished, and they were going tonight to a big party on inaugurate the new Death's Weapons and Meisters Academy. Tsubaki smiled and BlackStar looked at her in confusion.
"What are you smiling about?" he asked. She didn't realize he was watching her and immediately she felt like blushing.
"I was thinking. Everything is going to go back to normal, now that Asura is gone." She answered, her partner smiled.
"Yeah, he's gone. BECAUSE I DEFEATED HIM! ME; THE ALL MIGHTY BlackStar!" He screamed. If they were on school or with their friends, Tsubaki would've told him to relax and stop screaming, but right now, she was his only audience, and she enjoyed the show in a way nobody else did. Of course, BlackStar knew that. He knew that even if he became the worst pain in the ass possible, she would stay by his side. He felt more secure about himself, knowing that someone like Tsubaki was there and she was not going anywhere. He found it obvious; of course she wanted to stay with a god like him! She was the luckiest person alive for having such a powerful and incredible meister! He was her god! And even if the rest of the people thought he was just a little kid, Tsubaki would never think something like that. She believed in him, and he knew it. That's why he loved her.

"Are you scared, Maka?" asked that voice. Maka thought he'd say that because her eyes were closed. She refused to open her eyes. She refused to see who was talking to her, or to see where she was. The only thing she knew is that she was alone, and scared. She didn't know why, but she was.
"Open your eyes Maka, I want to see them." It was a man's voice. She had heard it before, but she didn't know where. She slowly opened her eyes to see that she was in a room. A room with white walls, white ceiling and white floor. Whiteness filled the entire room, but in front of her was someone. A man, with a suit. He had dark brown hair, but his eyes were so blue. They were the bluest eyes Maka had seen. He looked like he had thirty years. She knew him. She had seen him before. She just couldn't remember. The man sat in front of her and smiled.
"It kills me when you look at me like I was a stranger. I should've known that when I asked you to open your eyes."
"Who are you?" was all she managed to say. The man smiled sadly and stood up.
"That's something you have to remember by yourself." With that, he opened a door and left. Maka, full of curiosity followed him. She wanted to know who he was, and she was going to! For her surprise, that door led her to the inside of a house. She recognized this house; she lived here with her parents. God, it was a long time ago, before the divorce, when she lived here with her mama and papa. It was exactly how she remembered: in front of the front door are the stairs, where the rooms were. At the right, the dining room followed by the kitchen, and by the left, the living room. She almost cried when all the memories flooded her. She didn't remember much, because she was so little, but she enjoyed being here. Yet she was wondering where the man was. Suddenly, she saw a figure coming from the kitchen: her mom. Her eyes widened as she saw her, so beautiful and careless. Her mama had blonde hair and grey eyes. Yes, her eyes were so full of life and her smile could change the world, as Maka thought since she was little. She was wearing jeans, a pink t-shirt and her old apron. Maka remembered that apron.
"Mama!" Maka called. She acted like she was not there, and went to open the front door. There he stood, the man with the very blue eyes, but he looked different. He looked angry. He said something, but nothing could be heard. Maka couldn't hear anything of what her mom and that man were saying.
"Mama!" She said louder. Nothing. Her mom and that stranger kept arguing angrily in front of her. The she turned around and saw it. A little figure at the top of the stairs, hiding. Maka climbed the stairs slowly, carefully so the figure wouldn't run away scared. When she approached it, she let out a gasp. It was a little girl, with pigtails and green eyes. It was herself. But she looked like six years old. Little Maka didn't seem to notice her presence, and then it hit her. This was a memory. Maka had lived this before. The man was trying to make her remember who he was. Yes, she remembered! The voices were still mute and she couldn't read lips, maybe it's that she can't remember what they were talking about. The anger of her mama and that man grew as they were screaming at each other. Maka looked at her little self. She looked scared, and she understood. Any kid would be scared if a stranger came in their house and started screaming at her mom. Suddenly, the man pointed a finger to her mom threatening. She wasn't facing the stairs, so Maka didn't know if she answered. Then took a last glance at her, a glance full of hatred and with that, he left. Her mom stood there for a second and Maka started to go downstairs, when she got close to her mom she saw she was crying. Well, she didn't see that coming. Maka has never EVER seen her mama crying. She couldn't picture her, a strong independent woman, with tears streaming down her face. It was surreal. Little Maka didn't see it; she just stood up and went to her room quietly. She wanted to hug her mama so bad, but she couldn't. Her mama couldn't see her; she didn't know she was there. Then, her mom walked back to the kitchen. There she stood, alone, wondering. Who was that man? What does he have to do with her mom? She wanted answers, but no one could give them to her.
"Mama! MAMA!!" She stared screaming her name over and over again. Nothing. No one could hear her, and she felt like drowning. Suddenly breathing became difficult as she fell on her knees, still calling for her mom. When she was trying to catch her breath, she saw black liquid coming from upstairs. She dragged herself as far as she could until her back hit the front door. She was unable to get out of there. She was screaming for her mom at the top of her lungs, watching how slowly that black liquid was falling. It was falling faster and faster, and she couldn't do anything.
"MAMA! HELP ME! MAMA, PLEASE!" But no one came. "HELP ME!!" The black thing was drowning her as she was dying.
"Maka!" She heard someone, but she was weak to do anything anymore. "MAKA!" She heard again. She closed her eyes, giving up and preparing herself to die. "SNAP OUT OF IT, DAMMIT!"
She screamed as she sat on her bed, covering her face with her delicate hands. It was just a dream. A stupid dream that felt so real. She felt an arm on her shoulders but she refused to look up, terrified that the same thing that happened on the dream would happen again. "You're shaking, are you okay?" Her scythe's soft voice filled her ears. Relieved that she could finally hear someone speaking, she hugged him. She buried her face on his shirt, sobbing. He caressed her hair while saying relaxing words. "Maka it was just a dream. It's not real. It's okay." She nodded on his shirt. She felt like relaxing more and more and recovering her breath. On that moment she wondered what she would do without Soul. She shivered and shook that thought out of her head. She couldn't go on without him; she cared about him as much as he did for her. They just stood like that until she calmed down, enjoying his embrace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So yeah, this is the first chapter of my new story!
In these pasts months I've been gone, I've been writing this story, and I finished it! I even started writing a second part! Well, I hope you guys like it, have a nice day!