Thank you

The meisters fought with their scythes fiercely, neither of them letting their guard down. Maka had a deep wound in her thigh that she was ignoring, but it was worrying Soul, and a few cuts on her arms and face. However, she had managed to wound Life as well, who was beyond speechless of the amazing strength that Maka had. She was way more skilled at fighting than he had expected, but still, he was not going to be defeated that easily. Maka was pinned against a wall, as she grouched when she saw Kai attempting to cut off her head. She hit him in the face with the end of the weapon, sending him back a few steps, and dodging some of his hits. "Maka, stop this nonsense! What would your mother think if she saw you?!" Life asked, inmediately being hit in the stomach by Maka's foot. "Don't talk about her, you don't have the right! And stop talking like a caring father, because you are not!" she told him, clenching her fists. "Okay, so Spirit could have been a better father for me, but at least he was there. He never gave up on me like you did, he raised me and stood by my side even though he knew I wasn't his daughter. I was too blind to see that... he isn't as bad of a father as I thought." She said determined, closing her eyes. "SOUL RESONENCE!" Maka screamed at the same time as Soul, and Life gasped. This... this resonence... the link between their souls is the strongest I've ever seen... "And besides... even if I was left alone, I know Soul will always stay with me..." she smiled, feeling the connection with Soul's wavelengths and holding on to the transforming scythe. Life frowned, seeing the weapon transforming into a different form, and panicked. "The legendary technique of the scythe meister..." Maka casted, a big light coming from her feet. When she opened her green orbs, she could've sworn that she saw her mother's face, looking down at her with a serene smile. Maka now knew the right path for her; she knew Life wasn't who she thought he was, he wasn't the right father for her. She knew her mother wasn't perfect, and that she made mistakes, but that wouldn't stop Maka from loving her whole-heartedly. She knew it would be hard for her to forgive Spirit and all the things he ruined, but she now discovered his true reasons and even though they won't make up for his errors, Maka believed in forgiveness. And now, in that moment, Maka knew, the only person who was honest with her and the only person that never left her, not for a mere second, was right there next to her. The person she loved more than anyone, the person she shared everything with, her soul. Soul Eater.

.

.

.

"KISHIN HUNTER!" She jumped, slashing Life's chest before he could react, as he fell on the floor, letting go of the Death Scythe that was Spirit. The light dissapeared, Soul turned back into his human form and stood next to Maka, seeing the body on the floor with a large cut on his chest like the one he got from the fight with Crona. He then looked at Maka, who sighed and turned to him. "Soul..." she called, her voice tired. He didn't hesitate to hug her waist tightly, thanking that she was okay and that they had finally defeated one of Maka's monsters. Together. "I love you, Soul..." Maka cried on him, hugging his neck. "I love you, too. So much." They slumped to the floor in tiredness, still hugging. Meanwhile, Spirit transformed as well, seeing Life having his last breaths next to him, as they made eye contact. "M-Maka really is amazing. You a-and Kami did well." Life said through the pain, his vision becoming blurry. "I don't know how, I-I just wanted to be with my daughter... I n-never wanted to hurt anyone..." he cried, coughing blood. "You let yourself be consumed by madness, then lost sight of your goal." Spirit told him. "Take c-care of her... she must live on..." He slurred, closing his eyes slowly as all his body turned black and dissapeared, leaving nothing but a red soul floating. Spirit sighed sadly and stood up, turning to find Maka looking at him expectantly. At the sight of his little girl, after all they went through, made him break down like a little kid right there. He fell to his knees and hugged Maka, who just hugged him back silently. "I'm so sorry Maka! I never wanted you to get hurt! Papa loves you and mama!" he wailed, as Maka chuckled. He pulled away and looked at her, confused. "I know that, and I forgive you. Let's just start over, okay?" she asked, Spirit's eyes widening. He had finally heard from Maka the words he had been waiting for years now. I forgive you. He nodded happily and stood up, looking at her. "MAKA-CHAAAN!" They heard, as Maka turned to see Blair in her cat form jumping at her. Once she caught her, the cat began to cry on her arms. "I'm so glad you are okay, I was so worried I thought something bad may have happened to you, I was so scared!" she sobbed, making the meister laugh. "I'm okay, Blair, don't worry." She assured her. Tsubaki, BlackStar, Stein and Marie approached Spirit, Maka and Soul, as they saw the soul floating next to them. "I see everything's over. Is everyone okay?" Marie asked, as Maka and Soul nodded, as well as Spirit. "Glad to see you're alive, Spirit. I don't know what I would do if I lost my experiments subject." Stein said while smirking, as the Death Scythe felt chills all over his body. "C-Cut it out!!" he said, hiding behind Marie, who laughed. "Let's go back and report to Lord Death." The blonde offered, putting her arm around Maka's shoulders, starting their way back to the academy. Maka turned one last time and saw her beloved mother's grave, as she smiled. "Thank you, Mama."

At the DWMA's infirmary ~

Liz and Patti woke up from the chair of the infirmary, hearing some noises from inside the room. They both made eye contact with each other, as their eyes' widened. They stood up, as Liz opened the door of the room to find their meister sitting up on the bed, a frown on his face. "Liz? Patti?" he turned to them. "What happened?" Kid asked, confused. He frowned even more when he saw tears streaming down both of their faces. "What-" "KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!!" They yelled, practically throwing themselves at the reaper, who just chuckled and hugged them back. "Don't scare us like that ever again, Kid!" Patti said. "Yeah, if you do something like this again I will kick your ass!" Liz threatened, wailing.

"Alright, alright. Will someone explain to me what happened?" he asked.