Accidents Happen

Thank you all so much for your feedback on my last authors note, it was much appreciated, especially the well wishes to my mom, the amount of people wishing her well brought a huge smile to her face.
I considered your feedback, which I'm grateful for, and have decided what I wanted to do with this chapter.  Please comment and vote, I hope you enjoy.

It's not the future you're afraid of.
It's the fear of the past
Repeating itself...

To say I was embarrassed would be an understatement, I was down right humiliated.

I had been taking a nap while daddy was out for the night with his siblings.  Rebekah had wanted to do a family night and I decided that it shouldn't include me, no matter how much they all insisted.  I knew I clung to my daddy too much, he would be focused on me rather than healing his relationship with his family and I didn't want that.

I had been having nightmares ever since the incident in the car park a few weeks ago, and usually I could wake myself up but this time I couldn't.  I woke up, quickly noticing I had had an accident.  I felt tears in my eyes as I jumped up, pulling the comforter off the bed, as I had been sleeping on top of it, noting it didn't get on the sheets, thank god.  I ran downstairs and shoved the comforter into the washing machine, along with my pants and underwear before running back upstairs.  I stripped the rest of my clothes off and got into the shower, trying to wash off not just the smell of pee but the humiliation I felt at a 19 year old having an accident.

I found myself sitting in the shower floor, no clue how long I had been in there when the bathroom door opened.  "Little wolf, didn't you just get a shower this morning?"  Klaus chuckled and for some reason it made me feel defensive.

"Am I not allowed another shower if I want one?"  I snapped and he stopped chuckling immediately.

"Of course you are, I was teasing you.  Don't take that tone with me, I'll spank you right there in that shower if I need to."  I scoffed, nowhere near little space right now and wanting nothing more than to be left alone.

"I'm not in the mood Nik, please just leave me alone?  Please?"  I didn't snap this time, in fact I pleaded.

He didn't respond right away and I knew calling him by his name had hurt him, he could tell something was wrong and I wasn't being honest about it, but he gave me what I asked for, even if I knew it wouldn't last long.  "Alright Scarlet. Take your time, we can talk when you're done." He closed the door behind him and I worked very hard to keep my sobs quiet. I sat there for another 20 minutes before turning the water off and seeing pajamas on the sink, making me smile. Even when I snap at him, he takes care of me. I knew, of course, that he wouldn't be mad at me, or make fun of me, but I also didn't want to tell my 1000 year old boyfriend that I had pissed myself. After drying off and putting my fuzzy black pants on followed by one of Nik's shirts, I wandered out of the bathroom. "Do you want to talk?" I shook my head, hopping into the bed and pulling the sheets, as well as a new comforter up over me. "I was just being nice by asking, you know we're going to talk, right?" I nodded this time and he sighed. "Please Scarlet, talk to me? I need my little wolf back in my arms, whatever the problem is, just tell me." I couldn't look him in the eyes no matter how hard I tried. Feeling my face go red I tried to roll over, but I quickly found myself in Nik's lap. "We will stay right here until you decide to talk. Do you want daddy to read you a story?"

"Nik, please, just-"

"How about a lullaby?" That caught me off guard. He had never sung me a lullaby before and I found myself wanting to know what his voice sounded like. I was about to object but he started before I could, rocking me gently in his arms.

Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
And if that mockingbird wont sing,
Daddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring.

I found myself really enjoying this, more than I thought I would. He wouldn't be winning any awards for his voice, but it was nice, comforting, and exactly what I needed right now...how is it he always knows?

I get to be this blessed with such an amazing man, and amazing daddy, and here I am acting like a bitch when he's just trying to understand...I felt tears come to my eyes as I realized my daddy just wants to help me...he's not going to make fun of me.

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Daddy's gonna buy you a looking glass.
And if that looking glass gets broke,
Daddy's gonna buy you a billy goat.
And if that billy goat won't pull,
Daddy's gonna buy you a cart and bull.
And if that cart and bull turn over,
Daddy's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
And if that dog named Rover won't bark,
Daddy's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
And if that horse and cart fall down,
You're still the cutest little baby in this town.

By the time he had finished I was buried in his shirt, silent tears dampening it. "Please talk to me little wolf? I don't like seeing you so upset, it makes me feel like a bad daddy when you feel you need to hide things-". I shook my head rapidly, straddling him and hugging him as tightly as possible.

"Don't say that, please? You're the bestest daddy I could have ever asked for and I don't deserve you." He pulled me back, making me look into his eyes as he wiped my tears from my face.

"It is I who doesn't deserve you. After all I've don't in my life, I don't know how or why I was blessed with such a perfect little, but here you are, all mine. For some reason this sweet, innocent little human trusts me to take care of her, and I consider it an honor. Whatever the reason, you're mine now, and I will not have my little wolf hiding things from me when it upsets you this much...please talk to me?" I sniffled, nodding slightly.

"I've...Ive been having nightmares...since that day in the parking lot..."

"Why didn't you tell me baby girl? Daddy can't help if you don't tell the truth."

"I know...usually I can wake myself up...I couldn't this time and...I...well I...". He took my chin in his hand and turned my face to look at him.

"It's okay little wolf. It explains the comforter being gone when I got home. You went through a traumatic experience, accidents happen, especially to little girls. You don't need to be embarrassed with me, no matter what. I promise."

"Thank you daddy...thank you." I began sobbing yet again, clinging to him like my life depended on it. "You're the bestest daddy in the world." I whispered, snuggling into his neck, tired from all the crying and stress I had given myself.

"Wait here little wolf, I need to go get something." He turned on How to Train your Dragon before kissing my head and walking out. I heard the front door a moment later before submerging myself into my favorite movie, snuggling my Toothless stuffie to my chest.

It was an hour later that he finally got home and I was beginning to drift, the movie becoming background noise until he walked into the room, carrying a plastic bag. "What did you get daddy?"

"Something to help you sleep better. Stand up, pants and panties off please?" I blushed as I saw the pull ups he took from the bag.

"Oh god, please, no...". He was in front of me before I could begin to complain.

"Just for night time, okay? Like I said, no embarrassment with me. If you really don't want this then tell me, but I think it will help, and I would be honored if you trusted me enough to help you with this." He wanted this, I could see he did and I suppose if he wanted to help me with this then I really didn't need to worry about it. I pulled my fuzzy pajamas off as well as my panties, holding onto daddies shoulder as he helped me step into the pull up before helping me get my pants back on. "Thank you for your trust little wolf, daddy loves you so much."

"I love you too daddy." I grinned sleepily, feeling him lift me up and tuck me in when my eyes began to drift shut.

"Those boys are gone baby girl, never coming back. Nothing like that will ever happen to you again. No more fear okay? Daddy is here to keep you safe." I snuggled into his chest and drifted off with that thought in my head.